Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm all about having an immersive experience.. but if you think about it, the first preshow is completely pointless... Having Rey/BB8 explain an entire mission and storyline for 3 minutes just for you to get intercepted in the next preshow (changing the entire premise of the attraction) feels wasted to me.

I know the general public will disagree w me, but honestly I feel like having 3 pre-shows is a bit excessive and unnecessary. I think it will be cool, fun, and immersive for the first few times you ride but annoying after that..

The ITS shuttle seems awesome, and the pre show in the detention cell seems necessary as that is most likely where you'll get all of your vehicle boarding safety spiels... but the first one seems redundant..

after a couple months, the hype will die down, and I can see myself saying "ugh just get me on the damn ride already"

I prefer the pre-shows over the alternative, which is just standing in line.

SWGalaxysEdge

Still don't get what the hell I am looking at or supposed to be seeing her or be impressed by? I know it's the ending but does not make sense. have no idea what the thing on the left is.

..in the crash video, you'll see your vehicle hurdle towards Batuu and head straight for this giant "crashed ship" and you end up inside of it. Your vehicle then drives out of it and lets you out. Let me see if I can get any sort of screencap from the video that shows this...

2 Images on the left - First one is "coming in hot" towards the crashed ship, second one is coming to a rest inside.

EDIT - the scene WILL change to a night version after sunset, just like the Smugglers Run does.

Last edited:

SWGalaxysEdge

I'm all about having an immersive experience.. but if you think about it, the first preshow is completely pointless... Having Rey/BB8 explain an entire mission and storyline for 3 minutes just for you to get intercepted in the next preshow (changing the entire premise of the attraction) feels wasted to me.

...its a setup for the mission you THINK you are going on. The Resistance is outside asking people to sign up as recruits to join the Resistance and help general Organa. You are supposed to think you;re gonna meet up with her.

I know the general public will disagree w me, but honestly I feel like having 3 pre-shows is a bit excessive and unnecessary. I think it will be cool, fun, and immersive for the first few times you ride but annoying after that..

...you get the same kind of repetitive speech from Hondo. Sometimes, you just have to go with it

The ITS shuttle seems awesome, and the pre show in the detention cell seems necessary as that is most likely where you'll get all of your vehicle boarding safety spiels... but the first one seems redundant..

...its a partial time killer too. Gotta let the people ahead of you "get captured" before you can board the ITS

after a couple months, the hype will die down, and I can see myself saying "ugh just get me on the damn ride already"

...Can't help you there. Its gonna be repetitive to one person who might go a lot, but for the average Joe Tourist who takes a once a year Disney trip, it'll be a cool adventure.

You have to open up to the experience. Many people [adults] have forgotten how to just experience something. They have to video and analyze everything. Use the Play app - hack some things. Just go ride the thing with your mind open and enjoy it for what it is.

Movielover

I prefer the pre-shows over the alternative, which is just standing in line.

It could always be worst...

*Images courtesy of Cedar Fair ;)

Old Mouseketeer

Its weird to me because I have always just assumed DLR would get everything first. I always think of them as the "main HQ" for Disney since it all started there, but more and more it seems WDW is in charge of everything.

I can't think of a good reason why WDW should open RotR first, other than "just because" which is no good reason.
At this point I am in "whatever" mode when it comes to this. WDW will open it, the press will spoil it for DLR.

I wish the ride good luck with operation but there are so many moving parts its gonna be a real test to see if it all keeps running.

We've heard speculation that they there were a couple of reasons to put florida first. They may have been able to correct some of the problems that CA had while FL was still under construction. It may also be that the less stringent regulations in FL would make it easier to get the ride open. I heard this was having to do with the constant time-outs they were experiencing if the vehicles lost contact with the main computer. But this is all secondhand info.

trainplane3

It could always be worst...

View attachment 424149

View attachment 424150

View attachment 424151

*Images courtesy of Cedar Fair ;)
Top one is about a 25 minute wait. GK is a absolute people eater. How ever, no shade in that section was the worse thing ever. Long, hot day and hungry? Not fun. A near full queue is almost an hour.
2nd one...no idea. Never waited in a line that long.

Point still stands, I'd rather a bajillion preshows over standing in a queue and watch someone cut by while in the hot sun (Ohio or Florida, sun is still hot).

mitchiavelli

Its the feeling of being talked AT that is frustrating.

I have never minded the spoken word poetry of the haunted mansion stretching room, but I cannot stand being talked at before flight of passage.

I even enjoy rock n roller coaster’s queue video, but I wish I could just run through the Dinosaur pre show before the doors close on the other end.

Being talked at is the worst. Absolute worst.

The difference is witnessing something, soaking in the aura, OR just being told how something is without taking the steps to simply make it so.

Let’s hope we aren’t talked at too much during Rise.

The AT-ATs are going to TALK???

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

..in the crash video, you'll see your vehicle hurdle towards Batuu and head straight for this giant "crashed ship" and you end up inside of it. Your vehicle then drives out of it and lets you out. Let me see if I can get any sort of screencap from the video that shows this...

2 Images on the left - First one is "coming in hot" towards the crashed ship, second one is coming to a rest inside.

EDIT - the scene WILL change to a night version after sunset, just like the Smugglers Run does.
View attachment 424148
Thanks it helps but it's not visually clear we are crashing into a already crashed ship. i have no idea what kind of ship that is? looks like just some random building. it will prob makes sense once we get some ride povs next month.

Thelazer

"I know the general public will disagree w me, but honestly I feel like having 3 pre-shows is a bit excessive and unnecessary. I think it will be cool, fun, and immersive for the first few times you ride but annoying after that.."

So you've been on The Fast And Furious ride over at Universal then I take it.

Mickeyboof

"I know the general public will disagree w me, but honestly I feel like having 3 pre-shows is a bit excessive and unnecessary. I think it will be cool, fun, and immersive for the first few times you ride but annoying after that.."

So you've been on The Fast And Furious ride over at Universal then I take it.

Ha! The ride itself felt like a pre show!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom