Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

hyro0o0

Forgive the obvious question, I don't think I've read every single post on this thread:

ROTR wont't be a mission, with riders needing to perform tasks, right?
I'm excited about this ride, and I'd like to just take in all the details.

Thanks!
There's no way it could be. Everything I've heard about it suggests there's so many moving parts that it'll be a miracle if they can keep it running for a whole day without hours of downtime. We'll definitely just be loaded into a vehicle and whisked helplessly around a Star Destroyer. At most we'll maybe be encouraged to roleplay with the cast members.

rsm

There's no way it could be. Everything I've heard about it suggests there's so many moving parts that it'll be a miracle if they can keep it running for a whole day without hours of downtime. We'll definitely just be loaded into a vehicle and whisked helplessly around a Star Destroyer. At most we'll maybe be encouraged to roleplay with the cast members.

At most the cast members with say "move all the way to the front of the line, resistance scum" as opposed to "move all the way to the front of the line" .

SWGalaxysEdge

Has this photo been posted before?
View attachment 423988

...not with the Imagineers in it...

48418159_10216265349159841_3971181011613515776_n.jpg

Rob562

I think the "go on a mission" aspect was only ever in the early blue-sky version of RotR. Where they were thinking maybe the car would stop somewhere, the guests would get out, have to do something and then get back into the ride car to continue. That was discarded as too logistically difficult.

Or maybe that was just an overly hopeful Jim Hill armchair imagineering post... It's been a while since I heard it.

-Rob

Disneyhead'71

I think the "go on a mission" aspect was only ever in the early blue-sky version of RotR. Where they were thinking maybe the car would stop somewhere, the guests would get out, have to do something and then get back into the ride car to continue. That was discarded as too logistically difficult.

Or maybe that was just an overly hopeful Jim Hill armchair imagineering post... It's been a while since I heard it.

-Rob
Jim's info was incomplete. It was never get out then get back in the same ride vehicle. It was always as it is now. That you get on a shuttle craft to get to the First Order ship, you get off and then get on the actual ride vehicle. Jim just assumed that you get back on the same RV.

socalkdg

4 ride systems. How do we get to that number. Shuttle, trackless vehicle transport, ?????, then drop sequence? Are they counting going up the elevator?

Surferboy567

Leia in RotR? - Sorry, I forgot who asked, but I checked and there is no Leia appearance in the RotR ride in any form - Animatronic, video, voiceover, etc... Rey mentions "General Organa" in her hologram speech.

Do we know the planet the resistance is trying to transfer you to before the ship is intercepted?

bshah365

I'm all about having an immersive experience.. but if you think about it, the first preshow is completely pointless... Having Rey/BB8 explain an entire mission and storyline for 3 minutes just for you to get intercepted in the next preshow (changing the entire premise of the attraction) feels wasted to me.

I know the general public will disagree w me, but honestly I feel like having 3 pre-shows is a bit excessive and unnecessary. I think it will be cool, fun, and immersive for the first few times you ride but annoying after that..

The ITS shuttle seems awesome, and the pre show in the detention cell seems necessary as that is most likely where you'll get all of your vehicle boarding safety spiels... but the first one seems redundant..

after a couple months, the hype will die down, and I can see myself saying "ugh just get me on the damn ride already"

Mickeyboof

I'm all about having an immersive experience.. but if you think about it, the first preshow is completely pointless... Having Rey/BB8 explain an entire mission and storyline for 3 minutes just for you to get intercepted in the next preshow (changing the entire premise of the attraction) feels wasted to me.

I know the general public will disagree w me, but honestly I feel like having 3 pre-shows is a bit excessive and unnecessary. I think it will be cool, fun, and immersive for the first few times you ride but annoying after that..

The ITS shuttle seems awesome, and the pre show in the detention cell seems necessary as that is most likely where you'll get all of your vehicle boarding safety spiels... but the first one seems redundant..

after a couple months, the hype will die down, and I can see myself saying "ugh just get me on the damn ride already"

Its the feeling of being talked AT that is frustrating.

I have never minded the spoken word poetry of the haunted mansion stretching room, but I cannot stand being talked at before flight of passage.

I even enjoy rock n roller coaster’s queue video, but I wish I could just run through the Dinosaur pre show before the doors close on the other end.

Being talked at is the worst. Absolute worst.

The difference is witnessing something, soaking in the aura, OR just being told how something is without taking the steps to simply make it so.

Let’s hope we aren’t talked at too much during Rise.

bshah365

Its the feeling of being talked AT that is frustrating.

I have never minded the spoken word poetry of the haunted mansion stretching room, but I cannot stand being talked at before flight of passage.

I even enjoy rock n roller coaster’s queue video, but I wish I could just run through the Dinosaur pre show before the doors close on the other end.

Being talked at is the worst. Absolute worst.

The difference is witnessing something, soaking in the aura, OR just being told how something is without taking the steps to simply make it so.

Let’s hope we aren’t talked at too much during Rise.

Preshow 1
Rey: GET IN THE DAMN ITS SHUTTLE

Preshow 2
First Order: GET IN THE DAMN STAR DESTROYER

Preshow 3
Poe/Finn: GET IN THE DAMN VEHICLE

Attraction
Finn: GET IN THE DAMN ESCAPE POD

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Yes, we all know that, but there is no reason that I am aware of that they both couldn't have opened at the same time. Maybe there were reasons why DHS had to start later, but there is also the possibility that they wanted DL to open first.
Yes there was..Disneyland's was ready to go first. simple as that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom