Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Goofyernmost

Can we say on the topic ,there is already a trend talking about GE faults .

With that said I am really looking forward to ROTR
That post doesn't sound on topic to me! Other than you are looking forward to it. Most of us are. There are only a few that have the power to know what an experience will feel like to the masses before it even becomes a reality. 🙂 Just ignore what you don't like. There really isn't much to talk about until it is actually open and the public shares their reactions.

Steph15251

That post doesn't sound on topic to me! Other than you are looking forward to it. Most of us are. There are only a few that have the power to know what an experience will feel like to the masses before it even becomes a reality. 🙂 Just ignore what you don't like. There really isn't much to talk about until it is actually open and the public shares their reactions.
Yes but I feel this trend is getting out of hand

Goofyernmost

Yes but I feel this trend is getting out of hand
I agree, but it has been years since we have had enough changes to comment about. There will always be armchair geniuses that think they have a gift of knowing everything there is to know about theme park building and design. With all the new it is only logical that they will all come out of the woodwork to express their dislike that things don't line up with their own desires.

At any rate, this conversation is way off topic, so we ought to end it and the same applies to people that have nothing positive or have opinions not based on fact to add to the conversation, but that is quite like herding cats.

SWGalaxysEdge

I haven't heard a peep yet from my WDW sources about riding, and my DL sources are saying it could happen for them anytime.
I'm not expecting any pictures/video since the phones are bagged now, but descriptions will be forthcoming I am sure.

Purduevian

Is there any report on the amount of movement we will feel on the shuttle? Will it at least be like the Gringotts elevators OR is it just a movie on the windows?

Mickeyboof

I agree, but it has been years since we have had enough changes to comment about. There will always be armchair geniuses that think they have a gift of knowing everything there is to know about theme park building and design. With all the new it is only logical that they will all come out of the woodwork to express their dislike that things don't line up with their own desires.

At any rate, this conversation is way off topic, so we ought to end it and the same applies to people that have nothing positive or have opinions not based on fact to add to the conversation, but that is quite like herding cats.

How do your two paragraphs add to the original conversation...? You’re guilty too, bud.

Is there any report on the amount of movement we will feel on the shuttle? Will it at least be like the Gringotts elevators OR is it just a movie on the windows?

I’m putting my money on Gringotts elevator floor, as well as video to help convey the movement.

RobWDW1971

I actually love the idea of making it a real day in a real place, but I agree with you that the land isn’t hitting that mark as of yet. I disagree that the specific timeline is the problem, though. I think it’s more that the place feels like it’s missing a bunch of stuff that it’s clearly designed to have, like a second ride, a small stunt show, ships flying overhead, and a live alien band. The land draws me in wonderfully as is, it just needs more things to keep me there.

Unless it’s a REALLY boring day in a REALLY boring abandoned, depressing place.

Be careful what you wish for...

Goofyernmost

How do your two paragraphs add to the original conversation...? You’re guilty too, bud.
I think my last sentence explains and says that very same thing. I'm merely answering the person the originally went that direction. And your necessity of setting me straight put you right in the middle of it. So now can we stop. Please!

Chet Dakota

The likely lack of guest previews is mostly to prevent any sort of negative narrative.
Are you saying that they are concerned that the ride will underwhelm guests? If they were confident it is a game changer, seems they would want guest previews and word of mouth/social media hype.

They were legitimately surprised by the MFSR response.

This is WDI’s arrogance and their Field of Dreams attitude. Guests will pay for entertainment. Not boredom.

tribbleorlfl

You can get a good look at Poe's X-Wing for the ITS boarding scene - and even little BB-8.
Photo credit: Errr I forgot but its a news helicopter from months ago.
That pathway in front of the ITS will take you to the unloading area for the ride cars.

View attachment 423453
This reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask. Do they explain in the queue or ride why Poe's X-wing looks as it does from TFA and TLJ? Afterall, Black One was destroyed in TLJ and Poe's X-wing in TRoS is mostly grey and orange with a little bit of blue. I guess he certainly could have painted his replacement X-wing exactly like Black One and then changed his mind afterwards, but to me, this is one of three details in SWGE that snack of "we were developing the land while TLJ was in production but didn't have the script and didn't know all the details.". The other two are Kylo's intact, non-repaired helmet and the Falcon's square deflector dish.

Rich Brownn

It might have changed for Hogsmeade, but both Harry Potter lands opened set at very specific times: Hogsmeade was set during the Triwzard Tournament from Goblet of Fire, and Diagon Alley is set during Deathly Hallows. You could even know the years! Goblet of Fire ended in 1995 IIRCC. The lands have to feel relatively normal so that things can function (imagine all the stores being permanently closed in Diagon Alley because the shopkeeper went home after the dragon escaped! But then the dragon also escapes while you’re on the ride, even though you already saw it outside!), and the big events happen on the rides. Sounds kind of familiar... Honestly, I expected the criticism to be that Disney was copying HP too much. This complaint feels like starting with a conclusion and filling in whatever facts you need.
Actually neither Hogsmede not Diagon are set at specific times. The individual attractions might. But, for example, if Hogsmede is during TriWards, then why does the time shift when you enter Hogwarts (Harry's much younger). And Diagon would have closed down shops and damage if entirely set during Deathly Hallows. The training for working at Wizarding World actually has a very specific and approved response when people ask what timeline its set in. "The Wizarding World is timeless".

mergatroid

Actually neither Hogsmede not Diagon are set at specific times. The individual attractions might. But, for example, if Hogsmede is during TriWards, then why does the time shift when you enter Hogwarts (Harry's much younger). And Diagon would have closed down shops and damage if entirely set during Deathly Hallows. The training for working at Wizarding World actually has a very specific and approved response when people ask what timeline its set in. "The Wizarding World is timeless".

Do people really worry about stuff like this at either Potter land or Galaxy's Edge? If so, they seem to be taking things a bit too seriously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom