Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

ToTBellHop

I think we should get back on topic...they are plenty of other threads to talk about this in. Let’s not turn this one into another.
Guests should temper their expectations on this ride. You will NOT be able to exit your car and ride the AT-ATs like ponies. They’re for show, only.

Gotcha! No tangible interaction with the land.

I won’t go into the incredible and powerful connection between touch and an experience.
Those first 55 years of Disney parks without interactive queues must’ve been tough. I hope someone was kind enough to say, “You alright, man?” when you were reminded 4x on Haunted Mansion NOT to try to touch the suit of armor.

Movielover

Wait why did you post two photos of people sitting on benches...? People are supposed to sit on benches....

Those are not benches...

And this...

Is how the A-Wing or other photo spots would look with out fencing.
Instead I, A Star Wars fan, can get a great photo of one of the coolest ships ever designed without a mob of people sitting in my way.

Ahh, look at that beauty!

Mickeyboof

Movielover

Many fountains have surfaces for a calm relaxing water-side seat.

Good, a photo. Cute. What a memory. Photos.

Ah yes, they really wanted people sitting there which is why they did this...

Got any more excuses? :rolleyes:

Anyway to be on topic unlike some here does anybody know if they are selling the ride poster for Rise? I have been looking but unable to find one. Will probably just download and print my own poster.

Mickeyboof

Ah yes, they really wanted people sitting there which is why totally why they did this...

View attachment 423379

Anyway to be on topic unlike some here does anybody know if they are selling the ride poster for Rise? I have been looking but unable to find one. Will probably just download and print my own poster.
Ah yes, they really wanted people sitting there which is why they did this...

View attachment 423379

Didn’t the plants go up after the switch of ride concepts? It looks more scenic to me, however clearly the fountain was designed to be sat upon.

Again, go visit toontown. Go visit Cars Land. Go visit Pandora in the gorgeous spots where the railings are gone and you could just step right into the little streams.

Go to Disneyland Paris where you can climb right through the Walkthrough attractions where the whole things are open to touch and explore.

We have five senses for a reason.

ToTBellHop

Old enough to know that that is none of your business!

So they have been running Rise nonstop? if so how long now?
I’m aware of it being able to run well since at least 10/29/19. They’ll Ned to start asking others to volunteer as tribute soon to see how it works with normal people (well, CMs). If that goes well, I’d expect hours extensions for the park in December. They want to be sure it can run 16-hour days before making a call on that.

rd805

You’ll notice the interactive elements are all geared toward preschoolers with short attention spans who need to smear fake honey or play fake ghost pianos. Why do you, a grown adult, need to touch an X Wing? Every time you touch a fake space ship, God kills a kitten.

Please, think of the kittens.

You HAVE to compare it to Wizarding World / Diagon's alley, it is the only direct competitor of this size. AND ACROSS THE BOARD everything at Universal is more alive and interactive. It's not literally about touching the X-Wing, but being fenced off 15-20 feet from it is just dumb. Make it do something. It's a prop!

Goofy Ninja

I love the red lightsaber effect where it's cutting open the roof. Kylo must be having another one of his tantrums during this scene. Someone must have said his helmet sucks or something.

ToTBellHop

You HAVE to compare it to Wizarding World / Diagon's alley, it is the only direct competitor of this size. AND ACROSS THE BOARD everything at Universal is more alive and interactive. It's not literally about touching the X-Wing, but being fenced off 15-20 feet from it is just dumb. Make it do something. It's a prop!
That’s fair. That level of interactivity was supposed to come from interaction with the PLAY DISNEY app. I admittedly haven’t tried it out. Does it work?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom