Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Trigger Warning: Comedy that may hurt feelings, also known as just comedy...

116.gif
"Ramp... oh god ramp!!!!!!!!! I love Ramp!!!!!!!!!!!
More or less accurate

mergatroid

..I wish. Disabled. No right foot. No car. No ticket. No money.

Sorry to hear that. If I win the lottery (don't hold your breath) I'll spring for you to go. That will be thanks for all the info you've provided, it's been much appreciated.

I'm disabled too but have both feet, have a car, an Annual Pass and only a little money

Scrooged

You misunderstand. I don't buy into Disney's immersion they are trying to do. So don't get all indignant on me, blaming me for pointing out Disney's flaws when they created the flaws in the first place pal.
Ok. Let’s take a breath here. Now- I understand your point- you don’t like what you perceive as false advertising concerning the IP and promise of a Star Wars themed land. But did you have those thoughts regarding Pandora? The only reason I ask is there seems to be a lot less divided opinions regarding the Avatar IP than Star Wars. As such- the decisions of Disney regarding the World of Pandora expansion go largely unmolested by righteous anger and furious fanboys. (I consider myself a Star Wars fanboy, and I have my qualms with Galaxy’s Edge, so I am with you for the most part.) Keeping these things in mind, you’ve got to understand that yes Disney doubled down on the “immersion” on Batuu. They did it because it worked so well on Pandora. They also are trying to keep it on brand and current concerning the new movies and shows developing/being released. Whether or not it’s a good idea, we will see. But my point is- there is a large section of the population that doesn’t give a crap about Star Wars. (Shocking, I know.) so these people will land on Batuu not knowing what to expect- some only knowing of Star Wars in a passing light- but they will be intoxicated enough to buy a blue milk. Go to Oga’s. Maybe even create a saber at Savvi’s. Point is, Disney will do what they have to to make an interesting experience and most importantly separate travelers from their credits. And whether or not your perception of what that experience should be fits in with Disney’s vision is irrelevant. Take it for what it is, offer up survey responses where applicable and hope for change, otherwise don’t spend your money there. And most importantly don’t trample other “traveler’s” experiences with your fanboy logic. And I mean that in a supportive non accusatory manner- I had to do the same thing when I visited Batuu. Once I switched my Star Wars purist brain off- I had a good time. Chill. Have some Blue milk. Or don’t. Either way, Bright Suns traveler!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Ok. Let’s take a breath here. Now- I understand your point- you don’t like what you perceive as false advertising concerning the IP and promise of a Star Wars themed land. But did you have those thoughts regarding Pandora? The only reason I ask is there seems to be a lot less divided opinions regarding the Avatar IP than Star Wars. As such- the decisions of Disney regarding the World of Pandora expansion go largely unmolested by righteous anger and furious fanboys. (I consider myself a Star Wars fanboy, and I have my qualms with Galaxy’s Edge, so I am with you for the most part.) Keeping these things in mind, you’ve got to understand that yes Disney doubled down on the “immersion” on Batuu. They did it because it worked so well on Pandora. They also are trying to keep it on brand and current concerning the new movies and shows developing/being released. Whether or not it’s a good idea, we will see. But my point is- there is a large section of the population that doesn’t give a crap about Star Wars. (Shocking, I know.) so these people will land on Batuu not knowing what to expect- some only knowing of Star Wars in a passing light- but they will be intoxicated enough to buy a blue milk. Go to Oga’s. Maybe even create a saber at Savvi’s. Point is, Disney will do what they have to to make an interesting experience and most importantly separate travelers from their credits. And whether or not your perception of what that experience should be fits in with Disney’s vision is irrelevant. Take it for what it is, offer up survey responses where applicable and hope for change, otherwise don’t spend your money there. And most importantly don’t trample other “traveler’s” experiences with your fanboy logic. And I mean that in a supportive non accusatory manner- I had to do the same thing when I visited Batuu. Once I switched my Star Wars purist brain off- I had a good time. Chill. Have some Blue milk. Or don’t. Either way, Bright Suns traveler!
I don't give 2 $hits about Pandora or Avatar. I used to care about Star Wars until Disney ruined it

Magenta Panther

I don't give 2 $hits about Pandora or Avatar. I used to care about Star Wars until Disney ruined it

Trust me...yours is not an uncommon view. To me, Pandora is a giant mossy waste of money based on a dippy flash-in-the-pan flick that Iger mistakenly thought might be a great counter to Universal's Potterland. Hahahah what an idiot.

And yes, Disney ruined Star Wars, but so did its fans, because they just HAD to have more Star Wars even after those dreadful prequels came out. The idea that the franchise could continue when its best characters were left out of the new films (or killed off) was ridiculous. What was left, a bunch of sidekicks and hardware? Beware, all who want played-out franchises to go on: if said franchises don't produce stuff that is monumentally lesser than the original, they'll get infested with PC SJW wokeness. Support the continuance at your peril.

trainplane3

I found this user FunBrians who has been posting pictures of Rise of the Resistance on Reddit. Some of these I had not seen before: https://www.reddit.com/r/OrlandoFun/search/?q=rise of the resistance&restrict_sr=1

The user has been posting other behind the scenes photos: https://www.reddit.com/user/FunBrians/
Those have popped up in this thread numerous times with @SWGalaxysEdge being the first to share. I have a feeling that person has been "borrowing" pictures from the various social media sites @SWGalaxysEdge posts on.

rsm

I love the creepy one with the Mon Calamari - the grainy photo and temp lighting give a very nostalgic 1980's Star Tours promo vibe.... which I think is honestly what most people want out of a SW ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom