Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

UpDog71

New - Image match ups?? Notice the image we saw today from the Good Morning America preview for Rise of the Resistance...compare it to the image I posted yesterday of a hallway. See the circled yellow areas and note the exit sign circled in orange?? Looks like a match!

So we will enter this area on foot to head to the detention cells.
(Here's the teaser GMA video -> )

View attachment 414110

You're just drawing death stars...I can see it there...clever!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The promo was a tad “Lacking”. A lot of useless clips from the “Disquels” and very limited footage from the ride area.

And an interview from what I would picture a WDI person who has know idea what the Star Wars phenomena was to look like 😉

Keep digging...

I do hope the ride is more “action” driven and not this Rey/ren dead end nonsense. That would be like converting pirates around At Worlds End

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It mentioned December 5 and January 17... That's more content than I actually expected given the recent rumors of delay.

"...holding off on the announcement [of delay] so as to not damage potential holiday resorts bookings" seems less plausible after just reiterating those dates on a national TV spot.
It’s September 26th...they’re either booked, or they ain’t.

It amazes me the belief that so much high cost Disney travel is booked “last minute” in this over scheduled world.

Last edited:

Touchdown

Also, the on-site resorts appear full, at least when I’m going (early Dec) as I’ve been checking back now and again to see if I can get a room for a cheaper price (although I got a pretty good AP rate.)

The Pho

It’s September 26th...they’re either booked, or they ain’t.

It amazes me the belief that so much high cost Disney travel is booked “last minute” in this over scheduled world.

I know a lot of people that book last minute. I’ve booked trips while on my way to the airport before. And Rise being delayed would definitely keep me from booking a December 5th trip.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Also, the on-site resorts appear full, at least when I’m going (early Dec) as I’ve been checking back now and again to see if I can get a room for a cheaper price (although I got a pretty good AP rate.)
They should be full by now - more or less - from this weekend though January 5th...with a couple of “soft spots”

It’s that time of years no matter if the new land was a gigantic paper bag walk through

The Pho

Like 10? 20? 50?

Disney Parks are MASS markets...and need those masses
Yes they need the masses, most of whom will not budge on a planned trip, but there are enough of those that do last minute travel to make a dent. Especially if they are going for a specific reason that gets pushed. And people that are already booked can push trips back or cancel (although that’s not always simple for everybody). A delay in a major opening could certainly hurt their short term profits.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes they need the masses, most of whom will not budge on a planned trip, but there are enough of those that do last minute travel to make a dent. Especially if they are going for a specific reason that gets pushed. And people that are already booked can push trips back or cancel (although that’s not always simple for everybody). A delay in a major opening could certainly hurt their short term profits.
That’s a fair theory...

I just don’t subscribe that tens of thousands of people in the late spring said “ROTR isn’t gonna be open...cancel that opening trip!”
That is the timeline here. The masses would have no clue...no “insiders”

Last edited:

Kevin_W

I'm skeptical. I think the vast majority of guests never notice background music except perhaps subconsciously. Superfans on here may comment about it a lot but this is not the norm.

Right, but there are a lot of thing you only subconsciously notice that add up to a total experience that is better for them being there. (On background music - we once went on Dec. 30 when the MK was having it's NYE party and the absences of the background music was totally jarring, even if we dont' always pay attention to it when its there.)

I imagine they may sack cellphones outside

That would be great! I've been to multiple concerts where this has worked well. Though somewhat in conflict with the paradigm of using your smartphone to play games in the queue and basically every other Disney interaction related to scheduling your park "experience". Assuming phones do get sacked, I wonder how strictly this policy will be enforced? When Susie claims to not have a phone on her and then stops to post a selfie with the Stormtroopers to Instagram will she get booted from the attraction?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom