Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Movielover

What disappoints me about the footage is that it all happens so fast you barely get a sense of what’s happening. Was really hoping for something a little more drawn out where you see flames rising as you burst through the atmosphere and what not. Also the end looks super weird, we have so much horizontal velocity we just like skip across the ground into the wreckage?

Thanks for sharing, I just hope what we see here isn’t the whole escape sequence

The footage also looks sped up.

BoarderPhreak

What disappoints me about the footage is that it all happens so fast you barely get a sense of what’s happening. Was really hoping for something a little more drawn out where you see flames rising as you burst through the atmosphere and what not. Also the end looks super weird, we have so much horizontal velocity we just like skip across the ground into the wreckage? [...]
Gotta keep them sheeples moving through the ride! 🐑

SWGalaxysEdge

Did I post these X-Wing pictures before - from the queue between the caves and the ITS shuttle?

poexwing-01.png

poexwing-02.png

poexwing-03.png

poexwing-04.png

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Did I post these X-Wing pictures before - from the queue between the caves and the ITS shuttle?

View attachment 409169

View attachment 409170

View attachment 409171

View attachment 409172
No. these are new. I have not seen these yet. first time seeing the x wing inside the actual queue. were you part of the media preview for wdw galaxy edge where they took the press through the queue into the start detoryer or are these not your photos or do you have a different connection where you were allowed to take these photos but cant discuss how you got access to the ride?

Stripes

I have a few questions regarding the ride for those who know more than people on the outside. I withheld looking at "spoilers" of the ride but I eventually caved, which generated many questions.

Is the ride as elaborate as many believe? Does the ride stand up to POTC in Shanghai? If yes, does it stand up to POTC without the preshow elements? Should I expect the world, or tamper my expectations?

Before looking into the ride I was expecting the ride to compete for best in the world. Should I still expect this?

From what I can tell, The ROTR show building is 55 feet tall, 275 feet wide, and 205 feet long. (Does not include queue)

Shanghai POTC, on the other hand, is 360 feet wide, and about 315 feet long. I cannot measure the height as 3D buildings are disabled in China. (Woo authoritarianism) The measurements are up to more debatable as the building is more of an odd shape. (Queue is also not included) What truly blew me away from Shanghai POTC was the sense of scale and the enormous building allowed for that. Will this live true in ROTR?

If ROTR mirrors what is described by ... yours truly... then it has around 4 scenes on the first floor. By that logic, I would say around 3 scenes on the second floor seems reasonable. In total that would place the ride at around 7 scenes.

POTC in Shanghai has around 11 scenes by my count.

Ride begins:
  1. Barbossa's Bounty Restaraunt
  2. Caves with Skeletons
  3. Jack Sparrow Skelton transition
  4. Screen
  5. The initial view of the Flying Dutchman and the Mermaids
  6. Going into the Dutchman scene and seeing the animatronic hammerhead guy
  7. Davy Jone's Organ
  8. Screen
  9. Inbetween two ships
  10. Inside ship/backward drop
  11. Treasure with Jack Sparrow animatronic
The best ride in the world (opinion) is over.

View attachment 408409

3d812c4331503d64cc11f50624428204.jpg
The graveyard and ship battle scenes are about the height of the AT-AT scene. Everything else in both attractions are roughly the same height in terms of the height that’s limited by the steel of the building. Of course, WDI can choose to limit the height for story reasons. For example, this is a single story scene in ROTR:

But so is this:

WDI counts 8 scenes, excluding load/unload, in Shanghai Pirates:

RotR reportedly has 9. (11 minus 2, for separate load/unload scenes.)

I’ve measured the ride floor area of both, after taking into account Rise’s 2 story setup. (Including the load/unload scenes.) The area is pretty much equal. One might have a slight edge but it’s too close for me to tell.

I think the two will really be very, very different. Rise promises to have jaw dropping cinematic effects. Pirates has beautiful sets. Excluding the queue, where it’s pretty clear Rise takes the cake, I’d say the two are likely to be considered equals, just very different. Yin and yang, if you will.

Last edited:

britain

The graveyard and ship battle scenes are about the height of the AT-AT scene. Everything else in both attractions are roughly the same height in terms of the height that’s limited by the steel of the building. Of course, WDI can choose to limit the height for story reasons. For example, this is a single story scene in ROTR:
View attachment 409175

But so is this:
View attachment 409176

WDI counts 8 scenes, excluding load/unload, in Shanghai Pirates:
View attachment 409174

RotR reportedly has 9. (11 minus 2, for separate load/unload scenes.)

I’ve measured the ride floor area of both, after taking into account Rise’s 2 story setup. (Including the load/unload scenes.) The area is pretty much equal. One might have a slight edge but it’s too close for me to tell.

I think the two will really be very, very different. Rise promises to have jaw dropping cinematic effects. Pirates has beautiful sets. Excluding the queue, where it’s pretty clear Rise takes the cake, I’d say the two are likely to be considered equals, just very different. Yin and yang, if you will.

Shanghai Pirates is to Rise of the Resistance as Pirates '67 was to Haunted Mansion.

(Not in subject matter, but in building upon successes and in design sophistication.)

TiggerDad

No. these are new. I have not seen these yet. first time seeing the x wing inside the actual queue. were you part of the media preview for wdw galaxy edge where they took the press through the queue into the start detoryer or are these not your photos or do you have a different connection where you were allowed to take these photos but cant discuss how you got access to the ride?
He has many Bothan spies, but sadly many of them died in order to bring him the pictures.

thequeuelinelectures

One thing I’m still confused about is the 1st preshow in the caves. All the big reports from the original media day, EW’s for example, said an animatronic BB8 would show us a hologram of Rey, but the D23 footage shows no BB8 and the hologram is of Vi Moradi. Are there two separate preshows in the cave?

FRD714

One thing I’m still confused about is the 1st preshow in the caves. All the big reports from the original media day, EW’s for example, said an animatronic BB8 would show us a hologram of Rey, but the D23 footage shows no BB8 and the hologram is of Vi Moradi. Are there two separate preshows in the cave?
Possibly inside the Resistance transport you see BB8 with hologram Rey?

999th Happy Haunt

Maybe they just couldn’t get Daisy Ridley for the promotional video, but she is still the one that appears in the actual pre-show

SWGalaxysEdge

...friend of a friend kind of stuff... ;-)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom