Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

How are you the only person that caught that? I totally remember seeing the steel frame for the head welded together.

Yeah, actually could an insider please explain how the AT-AT's went from being bolted together solidly like this:
View attachment 403164
To being able to have a head with a full range of motion?
He is not the only one. I pointed it out earlier in this same thread.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
WRT the AT-AT heads. The original beams could have been to hold the head in place while an articulated arm is put in, then cut out.

Just like the extra long support beams of the spires which was used for scaffolding, and then when the scaffolding was being removed, the excess was cut off and patched over.

bubbles1812

A question... will ROTR have a single rider line? I’m sure it’s been said somewhere in here what the ride vehicles look like but was curious. And not wanting to go through many hundreds of pages of conversation ;)

rsm

WRT the AT-AT heads. The original beams could have been to hold the head in place while an articulated arm is put in, then cut out.

Just like the extra long support beams of the spires which was used for scaffolding, and then when the scaffolding was being removed, the excess was cut off and patched over.

Could be. But why would they intentionally do that?

Thelazer

But, but, It's going to be EPIC!!!!! It's a HUGE drop! On a ride with a low height requirement. In a non-huge building. In an ELEVATOR.

I'm thinking a little more realistic the Spidey's drop, but with practically no falling sensation.

I just don't understand what folks think Disney is capable of. I'll say it again, the expectations that have been put on this ride are completely ridiculous, and unattainable.

So if you've ridden Transformers, then... you know what it will be like.

DisneyDreamer08

They will have a single rider line. Don’t know if it will immediately open with the ride though

Oh this is great to know, thanks. So both rides were built with a single rider line, to be utilized at some point? We are going in January, myself, husband and 2 little girls. Only my husband is interested in the rides. So this is great news.

mergatroid

How are you the only person that caught that? I totally remember seeing the steel frame for the head welded together.

Yeah, actually could an insider please explain how the AT-AT's went from being bolted together solidly like this:
View attachment 403164
To being able to have a head with a full range of motion?

In that picture there's just one AT-AT, could it be possible that the other one is designed and built differently to allow movement? I'm not saying it is, merely guessing that it could be.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
In that picture there's just one AT-AT, could it be possible that the other one is designed and built differently to allow movement? I'm not saying it is, merely guessing that it could be.

They are both built the same way..

doctornick

I think Transformers is decent ride and definitely a good standard for a screen ride.

IMHO of course but Spider-Man is a far superior version of the same basic tech. Transformers is fine but it suffers from being too frantic and the robots are too indistinguishable to recognize too much of what is going own unless you ride multiple times. Spider-Man does a better job of setting up scenes and giving them payoffs than TF does.

I don't expect ROTR to really be like Transformers in that regard anyway, so I'm just splitting hairs with my comment.

ToTBellHop

I gather Lutz’s claims (if he even wrote the article) that WDW was foolish to announce a 12/5 opening and that it will be a disaster at opening were an exaggeration. It’ll have issues and downtime like any new ride but should be ready to open. I wouldn’t expect anything more clunky than Hagrid’s opening season, certainly.

I always got the impression that folks at that other site, VerminTalk, were jealous whenever WDW got anything that could be deemed as preferential treatment and took it as an opportunity to smear WDW. There’s no question in my mind that, for SWGE, we got the superior product and rollout. They win on Marvel, though. If they don’t cut phase 2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom