Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Epcot_Imagineer

Why can’t we just...enjoy the ride.
At least for me, it's not that I'm trying to criticize the ride, I'm just trying to understand the mechanics behind it and all that's going into it. Honestly I'll take people criticizing a non-existant ride speculating upon facts provided by insiders over debating the merits of every Star Wars movie and character for the billionth time.

Surferboy567

At least for me, it's not that I'm trying to criticize the ride, I'm just trying to understand the mechanics behind it and all that's going into it. Honestly I'll take people criticizing a non-existant ride speculating upon facts provided by insiders over debating the merits of every Star Wars movie and character for the billionth time.

You are correct talk over this then people blasting each other for liking the sequel trilogy is much better. I’m sure this is going to be a huge attraction and possibly strip galaxy’s edge of a lot of its problems. Having just visited black spire over the weekend (in DL). I very much enjoyed it this ride is definitely needed though. With another ride this land (at least for me) has the potential to be one of Disney’s best lands.

Rogue1138

I am extremely aware of the Story Group, as well as aware that the majority of the LFSG and their leadership that WROTE the script for RotR are gone now. You think Imagineers wrote the story for a ride based on films Imagineers had not yet seen and were not privy to reading the script for?

You grossly overestimate and overstate what LFSG actually does. You do realize that a majority of the LFSG is on Twitter and active and have been for years, right? They do not write story content. They're the ones who fill in gaps with past history. So if the Imagineers wanted to have a certain character appear, the LFSG would be the one who verifies where that character would be in the timeline.

And since I don't believe the ride is a direct adaptation of any movie but a generic adventure in the Sequel trilogy time, they wouldn't need to see a script. Which they could if they needed to because there are things called NDA's.

If you don't like the time period, that's cool. There's eight other movies and series to enjoy. Just don't go placing blame on a group that doesn't have the power you suggest they do. Pablo Hidalgo sadly has to remind people almost daily how much people overestimate what the LFSG actually does. It's been even stated multiple times that several of the LFSG have been surprised with the deep cuts the Imagineers put into the land.

bclane

Yes, my caps posts are glorious. I concur. I am not attacking you. My post to you was a direct response to the following quote by you of:

meaning you thought they were actors actually on the ride responding to a live effect they are actually seeing. I was pointing out , THEY'RE ACTORS and are ACTING and not actually watching something in front of them but by the director the commercial director is giving them. Have a nice day.
Ok, I finally have time to respond. Not that it matters, but you are again mistaken. The very next thing I said (literally starting with the next sentence) which for some reason you left out of your quote, is what is bolded below:

Yeah I don’t know. I have no inside knowledge on this. The actors are responding like whatever is happening at that point in the ride is a big deal so I assume something is going on during that show scene that is pretty impressive. Perhaps it’s all just a projection they are responding to. Perhaps it’s nothing and Disney is just filming a promo and that isn’t even in the actual ride. But perhaps they have come up with a super believable effect that will blow us all away and make us think Kylo Ren is coming through that ceiling. Hoping for the latter.

Did you miss that part? Look, my assumption has always been they were acting like something significant was going on in that scene because there probably is something significant in that scene....if it's even an actual scene. I have no idea what the actors were seeing when they filmed the promo though. It could have been CGI enhanced for the video. It could have just been actors in front of a green screen. It could be related to an actual scene on the ride or it could have been just a marketing promo that has nothing to do with the actual ride...as I said in my post that you only partially quoted. Who knows at this point? I certainly HOPE it is reflective of some incredible sequence where Disney has come up with some ridiculous effect that will blow our minds and make us all believe Kylo Ren is about to kill us all. Wouldn't that be amazing?! It probably isn't, but until it opens, I'm gonna hold out hope that it will be the greatest ride of all time.

Anyway, I think I've explained my posts enough. I am extremely excited for this ride to open. I have nothing against you and am moving on. I hope you get your Falcon ramp someday. Peace.

Disney Analyst

I believe the building height is about 6 stories, so I assume the second level, with high ceilings is likely around a 4 story mark where your ride vehicle is sitting, so I assume the drop is about 2-4 stories?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Ok, I finally have time to respond. Not that it matters, but you are again mistaken. The very next thing I said (literally starting with the next sentence) which for some reason you left out of your quote, is what is bolded below:

Did you miss that part? Look, my assumption has always been they were acting like something significant was going on in that scene because there probably is something significant in that scene....if it's even an actual scene. I have no idea what the actors were seeing when they filmed the promo though. It could have been CGI enhanced for the video. It could have just been actors in front of a green screen. It could be related to an actual scene on the ride or it could have been just a marketing promo that has nothing to do with the actual ride...as I said in my post that you only partially quoted. Who knows at this point? I certainly HOPE it is reflective of some incredible sequence where Disney has come up with some ridiculous effect that will blow our minds and make us all believe Kylo Ren is about to kill us all. Wouldn't that be amazing?! It probably isn't, but until it opens, I'm gonna hold out hope that it will be the greatest ride of all time.

Anyway, I think I've explained my posts enough. I am extremely excited for this ride to open. I have nothing against you and am moving on. I hope you get your Falcon ramp someday. Peace.
I pray to Yoda every night for that ramp.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

TOT in WDW most definitely IS trackless.
let me clarify, I my post wasn't about if it were trackless or not in TOT. My post was regarding how the ROTR vehicle is going to doc into a simulator type vehicle while the elevator once it is in the shaft is not on a simulator type vehicle. Hence the movement you get on TOT. I should have specified more.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A drop doesn't have to be from 60 meters high, even the one in Hagrids is barely 6 meters. In combination with screens around you the freefalling experience can be peceived as way intenser. Similar to the effect a madhouse creates, if somebody happens to have been to the Efteling. Vekoma's first madhouse Villa Volta creates a very convincing effect, even though it doesn't go any further than a 30 degrees angle.

Which is also the reason why there are four shafts.
My point is: it’s gonna have to be quick...

All things in Star Wars land are “quick”

Imagineers dream...park operators move meat.

There’s always a rough compromise.

He’s what we saw/will see with the millennium falcon ride: it’s quick. It’s also basically solo...but that’s another story.

What made the ship cool? Really?

Battling in space...empire and Jedi.

We don’t see anything like this:

Or this:

SPOILER ALERT!!! You’ll get none of that.
And why not?

Likely TIME. Get em in and out. No need for long rides when a short one will do.

This “descent simulator” thing Sounds cool. But I’d bet it’s the minumum time it takes to descend to the unload and keep the trackless cattle call moving...

Operational necessity.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

And no, the heads of the AT-AT's are not moving in the video's. look closer. The guns on the head do move. It looks like the heads are moving due to the shifting perspective of the moving camaera.
You are wrong. look at the latest video. the heads clearly move.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

There really is no point to building those things if if the heads DONT Move...

That has been the iconic image of them in the 3 good movies that featured them
My point was in the latest video it shows the heads moving but I don't think they will move on the ride based on the construction photos which showed the heads as part of a solid steel frame. If they do move I will be impressed, whether as an AA head or projection mapping. It would be wrong for them to just be static on the ride.

brihow

My point was in the latest video it shows the heads moving but I don't think they will move on the ride based on the construction photos which showed the heads as part of a solid steel frame. If they do move I will be impressed, whether as an AA head or projection mapping. It would be wrong for them to just be static on the ride.
They'll probably move for a few months then go into disco-mode with strobe lighting.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Having them just sit there has been done...

It’s been sitting on the other side of the park outside a lame simulator since 1990

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom