Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Disney Analyst

Cold spark pyro has been around for several years. It doesn't produce smoke, isn't hot, and is very safe for indoor use and close proximity effects.

Thanks for posting this, I was going to mention they could be using cold spark pyro to pull it off.

I don't see how they do blasters without pyro impact.

Hawg G

This is the close-up view of the laser "catching" mechanism. With how much care Disney takes of their AA's, I'm sure that this very finely tuned laser effect will never be out of commission... Seriously, I give this effect 3 months before it's gone.
View attachment 402093

And that's the patent I was mentioning. It is a neat patent, but would have to have the "laser blasts" well away from the riders, due to the very fast spinning things that could go flying off at extreme speeds. I think some extreme liberties have been taken in this video. Not to say that isn't done before, and Universal does it too, showing you flying behind Harry and such.

But folks seem to be really thinking RotR is going to look like this. Perhaps because they WANT it to be this awesome, and SWGE NEEDS it to be that awesome.

I hope it does, but I do think they are pushing the boundaries on augmentation of the ride experience in this video.

sedati

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but in the new footage for RotR, that first shot seems to be a Kylo animatronic looming from one level above over a group of prisoners. Could this be the rumored holding cell after the hangar and before we board our vehicles?

SoCalMort

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but in the new footage for RotR, that first shot seems to be a Kylo animatronic looming from one level above over a group of prisoners. Could this be the rumored holding cell after the hangar and before we board our vehicles?

Without absolutely no insider info whatsoever I can confidently say yes.

I mean, given all that is known, what else could it be? They are standing, not sitting, so....

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

That's the million dollar question imo. If that's not CGI, we are seriously not prepared for the butt kicking this ride is gonna deliver. If it is CGI, I wonder what the people were freaking out about when the lightsaber was cutting through the ceiling. Hopefully the actual effect is believable.
oh you mean THE PAID ACTORS, who WERE PAID TO ACT FREAKED OUT during a scene with OBVIOUS CGI EFFECTS that WON'T BE in the ride? you honestly believe they were filming people on a test ride of the attraction? Nope. Those were paid actors told to act scared. They probably didnt even film this in the show building but in a warehouse against green screen with a ride vehicle. Now there maybe a lightsaber effect but it won't look ANYTHING LIKE THAT nor will there be lazer blasts that go right in front of you with a million sparks. WDI can't even get a yetti to work, or the doors to Indiana Jones to rotate anymore and they are going to pull all that off? HA HA HA HA HA.

Hawg G

oh you mean THE PAID ACTORS, who WERE PAID TO ACT FREAKED OUT during a scene with OBVIOUS CGI EFFECTS that WON'T BE in the ride? you honestly believe they were filming people on a test ride of the attraction? Nope. Those were paid actors told to act scared. They probably didnt even film this in the show building but in a warehouse against green screen with a ride vehicle. Now there maybe a lightsaber effect but it won't look ANYTHING LIKE THAT nor will there be lazer blasts that go right in front of you with a million sparks. WDI can't even get a yetti to work, or the doors to Indiana Jones to rotate anymore and they are going to pull all that off? HA HA HA HA HA.

Finally, someone else gets it.

ANd that extra second. I'll tell you what, if there are laser blasts shooting out a door like that, behind the ride vehicle so nobody even sees them, hitting the wall, making spark blasts, I will vow to never spend another cent at Universal, as I pray to the almighty Imagineers forever.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Finally, someone else gets it.

ANd that extra second. I'll tell you what, if there are laser blasts shooting out a door like that, behind the ride vehicle so nobody even sees them, hitting the wall, making spark blasts, I will vow to never spend another cent at Universal, as I pray to the almighty Imagineers forever.
I'll match your vow. But we both know it wont happen. You know how I know most of that video is pure B.S.? Look at the way they advertise Smuggler's run in the video. There are alens walkong around and no gate aroumd the falcon. And when they enter the cockpitt its just 2 people no one as a gunner or engineer and its like they boarded the falcon sitting out front cuz when they board it is all bright and sunny. And then they just take off with no footage audio of hondo instructing them or the console lighting up green to show them what buttons to press. We know what that ride is like at this point. That aint it cheif.

Movielover

Are you just now realizing how much bull there is in marketing? Go back and watch literally any promotional video for literally any ride or attraction and you'll see crap piled so high that even Jeff Goldblum would be impressed! Marketing's job is to sell a product, no matter how truthful or incorrect they do it...

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Are you just now realizing how much bull there is in marketing? Go back and watch literally any promotional video for literally any ride or attraction and you'll see crap piled so high that even Jeff Goldblum would be impressed! Marketing's job is to sell a product, no matter how truthful or incorrect they do it...
No. You missed my point entirely. It went over your head. I am agreeing with the other poster who pointed out half the video of RISE is B.S. and having a laugh at those who think the ride is going to look EXACTLY like it does in the video and are the ones who have not learned about marketing.

Movielover

No. You missed my point entirely. It went over your head. I am agreeing with the other poster who pointed out half the video of RISE is B.S. and having a laugh at those who think the ride is going to look EXACTLY like it does in the video and are the ones who have not learned about marketing.

Gotcha, sorry but some people really can't tell a difference or understand how marketing works...

bclane

Oh well bless your heart. Not a very good reader are you?

Epcot_Imagineer

Just defending Happy Haunt on these comments... there were people in another thread (not this one) commenting on how "If the riders in the video were that excited, then the effects really must be that good!", completely discounting that they were actors. There were a few scenes in that trailer that you could tell actors were standing in front of a green-screen, not even in SW:GE. So I think Haunt's comments are a little out of context here as they aren't contrasting with the posters who claimed the effects must be as good as the trailer, not realizing there was some CGI dress-up.

britain

Preview at noon, Eastern time. Okay, so, that means at about, oh, 12:28 we should start seeing their reviews pop up, right?

britain

Wait a minute - shouldn't there be a waterfall right in the middle of the pirate attack on the village?! Unless the 1968 tv special lied to me about it ...hmmm.

Last edited:

bclane

As a point of fact, I am a good reader. You appear to be not a very good identifer of obvious bad acting and cgi overuse.
Well, you clearly missed that I NEVER said that it was CGI. I said if it's NOT CGI, then we're NOT prepared for the butt kicking the ride is gonna deliver. And in that same post I added that HOPEFULLY the ACTUAL effect is believable which would clearly imply that what we saw isn't necessarily what the actual effect is. And obviously they're actors, the ride isn't even open yet for Pete's sake. I even said they were actors like two posts later and said that it was very possible that this was just filmed as a promo video and the scene in question isn't even in the ride. But don't let that stop you from attacking me for no reason with all your glorious all cap insults.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom