Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Sped2424

So it sounds like they decided to prioritize WDW since Disneyland isn’t packed and swarming as expected? As the two rides opening aren’t that far apart...
Apparently that is not the case! Wdw moved people over from Mickey to get rise as ready as possible. Disneyland didn't have this luxury and whatever issues they encountered they had to backtrack to fix. Where as wdw didn't have too!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Wow... a month and a half ahead of DL?!? That's interesting... I wonder the reasoning... do they believe it will have a bigger impact on attendance at WDW so they are putting all the efforts to open that one first? Were they able to implement changes they found necessary at DL faster due to being earlier in construction? Did conditions otherwise make it easier to troubleshoot in Orlando as opposed to DL? I'd be curious if anyone definitively knows the info.

ioa792

Apparently that is not the case! Wdw moved people over from Mickey to get rise as ready as possible. Disneyland didn't have this luxury and whatever issues they encountered they had to backtrack to fix. Where as wdw didn't have too!

Is that true though? I know people that have been through Mickey who basically said that it’s delayed almost entirely to space it out from SWGE. They could have it ready if they wanted.

Sped2424

Is that true though? I know people that have been through Mickey who basically said that it’s delayed almost entirely to space it out from SWGE. They could have it ready if they wanted.
The whole point of Mickey opening in the gmr building was to put it ahead of star wars land to help with capacity. The delay according to some in the know here was to help with rise.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

The silence on Mickey is very maddening. Happy I’ll be able to ride rise to when I’m in WDW. I’ll miss it when I go to DL

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Forgive my ignorance of the process, but could it be something as simple as being easier to work on a ride in a land that isn't open yet vs. one that is?

Everything at this point would be inside the show building so I can't see the park being open as much of an issue. Couple reasons I could see for the difference in time:

- Disney has more people to throw at the problem in WDW then it does in DL.
- The problem was discovered at a point where things would have to be undone to fix it in DL, but these things weren't complete yet in WDW so they just have to apply the fix.
- The problem held up other work at DL which wasn't held up at WDW.

ToTBellHop

Everything at this point would be inside the show building so I can't see the park being open as much of an issue. Couple reasons I could see for the difference in time:

- Disney has more people to throw at the problem in WDW then it does in DL.
- The problem was discovered at a point where things would have to be undone to fix it in DL, but these things weren't complete yet in WDW so they just have to apply the fix.
- The problem held up other work at DL which wasn't held up at WDW.
4- sabotage...
5- so much smog
6- the earthquake
7- Kylo can’t handle the sun and it’s been rainy in FL. He’s still looking for his shirt
8- Rey’s AP is too low of a level to get into DL til fall.

jt04

Exactly my thought. I commented in the past that WDW has the advantage of "lessons learned" due to be slightly behind.

Never thought it would result in such a big payoff for TDO. Very cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom