Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Surferboy567

The crowds are going to be unholy when Rise opens...I can’t wait to experience it (hopefully) in January! I’ll be at the Disneyland version in August so I’m ok with missing that one since I’ll be at world’s version in January.

As things stand you should be okay from what I understand. Personally I’d rather have low crowds and try it when it’s bedded in.

I can totally see them letting those in the Parks & Resorts panel ride it on the final day of D23. The one day of the weekend I haven’t got a ticket for (yet...)
I planned to go to Hollywood that Sunday as we’re coming back to the UK on the Monday. Now wondering if it’s worth trying to get into that panel just in case.

WDW Pro

As things stand you should be okay from what I understand. Personally I’d rather have low crowds and try it when it’s bedded in.

My understanding is they're doing everything they can to get the DLR version ready for D23, but that it's on a razor's edge as far as them making that deadline.

My understanding is they're doing everything they can to get the DLR version ready for D23, but that it's on a razor's edge as far as them making that deadline.

Have everything crossed that it’ll be ready. I’ll be honest, I booked the trip last August when D23 tickets went on sale to combine the convention with the whole of Galaxy’s Edge.
Would I have paid all this money to go over there if I knew the main E-ticket wasn’t open? I’m not sure.

FRD714

Fair to say the “target date” for Disneyland is on/about end of August, but there’s growing concern they won’t make it?

We have a trip planned for Sept 12.
Will be there on the 16th. My first trip to DL so it wouldn't be a total loss if Rise isn't open but I would really like to experience it before I take a 2 year hiatus from Disney parks.

pdude81

We're slated to go to WDW just before SWGE opens there, but I was considering chopping off the end of that trip to take my son to see MSEP at DL and probably take a look at SWGE out west. Is there a snowball's chance in hell that ROTR would open in DL between D23 and the 29th when the official opening of the land happens in FL?

Too many moving pieces to keep track of, including the potential for AP previews at WDW

WDW Pro

We're slated to go to WDW just before SWGE opens there, but I was considering chopping off the end of that trip to take my son to see MSEP at DL and probably take a look at SWGE out west. Is there a snowball's chance in hell that ROTR would open in DL between D23 and the 29th for the official opening in FL?

Edited because I misread your post.

It will not be open in DL by the Florida GE opening day. It is almost certainly not going to be ready for D23. October right now looks like the earliest.

Last edited:

TiggerDad

It's interesting how the posters with extensive track records of providing accurate information are saying the opening is uncertain, but someone who has been here less than a week is happy to jump in and provide definitive answers. I would hate for others to be confused about whether to believe the information on this site.

TP2000

We had a nice little earthquake in Orange County a few hours ago (a 6.4 in the Mojave Desert), so I was checking out another popular Disneyland website to see the impacts to Disneyland. I came across an interesting thread where some well known CM posters yesterday were laying out the training scenario to get the Resistance ride opened. In short, it's a huge ride that needs at least two hundred CM's trained there to staff it and that will require at least 90 days of training to complete.

Before training can begin, Disneyland's version also has to have a week-long inspection by the State of California Division of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH) Amusement Ride Unit, which is something that doesn't have to happen in Florida with no government oversight of theme parks there.

The inspection by DOSH hasn't happened yet and so the training of CM's for the Resistance ride hasn't begun yet, and there is no indication when the DOSH inspection will happen. WDI continues to work on the ride at Disneyland. In short, the "best case scenario" for getting the ride open at Disneyland is now suggested to be mid October, but that slips further every week that goes along this summer with no start to the CM training.

As with anything on the Internet, take it with a grain of salt. But the info comes from long term posters who appear to know what they are talking about, and the basic premise of their argument seems reasonable. It's going to take awhile to get this ride open to customers once WDI gives the green light, and so far there's no evidence that process has even begun.

In happier news for Star Wars Land, the earthquake shut down nearly every single ride at Disneyland due to automatic shut down systems, and Millennium Falcon was one of the first rides to reopen. With dozens of other rides closed at Disneyland and DCA, Millennium Falcon got up to a 90 minute wait time, which is the longest it's ever been! :D

Last edited:

peter11435

Zero reason it would take 90 days of training. That’s crazy. 30 days max... and I mean MAX.
The implication is not that it would take 90 days of training to work there but that it will take that long to train enough people to work there. 90 does seem a bit high though. Realistically it shouldn’t take more than 5-7 days of training for an individual to learn the attraction.

WDW Pro

It's interesting how the posters with extensive track records of providing accurate information are saying the opening is uncertain, but someone who has been here less than a week is happy to jump in and provide definitive answers. I would hate for others to be confused about whether to believe the information on this site.

Please quote those posters with extensive track records. Anybody in the know can tell you that right now it appears the ride has slipped to October, but could be pushed back as far as December. And what's fun is seeing the information about DOSH, which I already knew, and you still wanting to throw shade in my direction.

We had a nice little earthquake in Orange County a few hours ago (a 6.4 in the Mojave Desert), so I was checking out another popular Disneyland website to see the impacts to Disneyland. I came across an interesting thread where some well known CM posters yesterday were laying out the training scenario to get the Resistance ride opened. In short, it's a huge ride that needs at least two hundred CM's trained there to staff it and that will require at least 90 days of training to complete.

Before training can begin, Disneyland's version also has to have a week-long inspection by the State of California Division of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH) Amusement Ride Unit, which is something that doesn't have to happen in Florida with no government oversight of theme parks there.

The inspection by DOSH hasn't happened yet and so the training of CM's for the Resistance ride hasn't begun yet, and there is no indication when the DOSH inspection will happen. WDI continues to work on the ride at Disneyland. In short, the "best case scenario" for getting the ride open at Disneyland is now suggested to be mid October, but that slips further every week that goes along this summer with no start to the CM training.

As with anything on the Internet, take it with a grain of salt. But the info comes from long term posters who appear to know what they are talking about, and the basic premise of their argument seems reasonable. It's going to take awhile to get this ride open to customers once WDI gives the green light, and so far there's no evidence that process has even begun.

In happier news for Star Wars Land, the earthquake shut down nearly every single ride at Disneyland due to automatic shut down systems, and Millennium Falcon was one of the first rides to reopen. With dozens of other rides closed at Disneyland and DCA, Millennium Falcon got up to a 90 minute wait time, which is the longest it's ever been! :D

All of this is correct. It is one of the reasons that DHS' version is easier to get up and running.

Zero reason it would take 90 days of training. That’s crazy. 30 days max... and I mean MAX.

This is a huge attraction with a massive number of items to be maintained, cleaned, monitored, etc. Once the ride is cleared via a 72 hour operation and the DOSH inspection, the ride will be transitioned to Operations. Every single detail to do with the ride must be learned, and trained, by a vast number of cast members within extremely varied fields. Just to give you an idea, this includes animatronic maintenance, sound system care, ride vehicle maintenance, security system checks, A/C schematic training, custodial routines, etc, etc. The ninety days is not for going over how to get a guest into a ride vehicle and then unload them at the end... it's for keeping the ride in show condition every single day for the next decade. And it's not a simple thing to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom