News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was just picking round numbers to illustrate a point.

I could have said "Disney would rather have 4,752 people paying $23 per person than 13,662 people paying $8 per person."

My point is simply that they'd rather get fewer people paying higher prices than many people paying lower prices, all other things being equal.
For the billionth time: no. They. Don’t.
They’d rather have 48,367 paying $64 per

for a self hired economics professor…you sure can’t find Wall Street with a map sometimes 🤔

ImperfectPixie

Bob has been on record saying that he thinks 4-6 hour lines are a sign of failure, not success. So whether you think so or not, there is a concern about line length. Plus, a person spending 4 hours in line is lost opportunity for buying a snack, eating a meal, or doing some shopping. It's in Disney's financial interest to have long lines, but not too long.
I'd love to ask him what he thinks is "acceptable" for a line length. (Honestly, 1 hour is too long, IMO.)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dude, it's called "price elasticity of demand."

They'd love 124,382 paying $673 per, but they ain't gonna get it.
Dude…it’s called exactly what the Bobs do/have done

it’s just excuses and misdirection that the “on level” Disney fans have fallen for…

they are absolutely not trying to reduce attendance. If it does dip…they’ll then increase prices and “discount” Those to get them back up. Bottomline business…only size matters

disneygeek90

And if you went to Uni when Hagrids first opened you would have needed to wait in line for longer than 3 hours or purchase express pass (if they even offered it for Hagrids when it first opened, I can't remember...)
There’s still no express option for Hagrids. There’s downtime recovery which goes through the “express” lane, and standby.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The borders are still closed. That's the entire front line staff of the World Showcase plus huge chunks of Animal Kingdom, Animal Kingdom Lodge, housekeeping, custodial, and F&B.
That’s about 5,000 or so of 65,000

not insignificant but not a complete deal killer

And what’s great is our borders are closed now because we are screwing up…fallen behind Europe…in particular 😂

Based on the climate last year…they could have “paid” the 2/3 or more of workforce they laid off and not spent a dime of the shareholders scratch. And you didn’t have to be a political scholar to figure that out.

but they did what they did. Can’t “enrich” the 85% “service” workers in Orlando

JohnD

Same. We always stay off site. I've only ever stayed on site once and that was when I stayed with a friend who has DVC. We go through RCI (for vacation villages)

It's my first time in a long while and the right decision. I'm already saving more than $300 compared to All Stars. Plus free breakfast and parking doesn't hurt. As an AP, I'll be driving to the parks. I may even splurge for preferred parking from time to time.

disneygeek90

They added hagrids to express when velocicoaster opened…I Believe?
I don’t think so, not according to the app and I don’t think I would have missed that. I have express after 4 so I would very much like the add! Velocicoaster is less of a pain to get into than Hagrids.
F3BC226B-45D3-447D-8D54-CB32F02168F0.jpeg
EDE6947C-9AEC-4E78-B82E-11750D9CFE44.jpeg

SteveAZee

I was just picking round numbers to illustrate a point.

I could have said "Disney would rather have 4,752 people paying $23 per person than 13,662 people paying $8 per person."

My point is simply that they'd rather get fewer people paying higher prices than many people paying lower prices, all other things being equal.
Excellent math, by the way. :)

Missing20K

How lovely, we arrive on the 24th for our next vacation and staying on-site we'll have a 30-minute start on the daily admission guests. I guess I'll be able to enjoy my breakfast on HS days.
Yep, feeling like we may have lucked out with our 9/24-9/30 dates. Last chance to do wdw without Genie, standby for RotR so we could do that first day and get it out of the way. Hopefully get out of there before 50th crowds ramp up. Feeling pretty, pretty good (read that in Larry David’s voice)
Good god…it’s not even a good ride😂
Well that’s unfortunate. A few of us are quite looking forward to it.
Bob has been on record saying that he thinks 4-6 hour lines are a sign of failure, not success.
4-6 hours… Has anyone here waited 6 hours for an attraction ever? At any point at any park in the DIS portfolio? I’m not saying it hasn’t happened ever, but I’ve never heard such anecdotes. Ml

Methinks Bob may have been inflating the numbers a hair to make investors think getting waits under 3 hours is a huge success.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom