News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

Jeffxz

Is there any point where they will just start closing the standby for this? If they use normal WDW rules and allow people to enter standby up until park closing are they really going to keep this ride running for 2-4 hours after park close?

Has the line for FOP ever closed early or do they keep it open until park close?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Could this be because of fears that having two VQs running at the same time could overload the system? Combined with Genie+ and you could have an epic meltdown of the app at 7am.
They've built the VQ system to scale, and I don't believe they have concerns about this.

Animaniac93-98

I'm curious to know what will happen before park close.

Will they let you get into line at 8:59pm, regardless of how long the wait is, or will they cut off the line sooner than that?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Disney's announcement explicitly stated, "we will pause the use of virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance."

Eventually, are you anticipating a return of (free) Boarding Groups coupled with IAS, a Standby Line coupled with IAS, or just IAS for ROTR?
I'm expecting to see Standby and IAS 99% of the time, with the possibility of emergency VQ deployed if it comes to it. But I really think most people are going to be doing IAS on this one. And that is what Disney is hoping.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I'm expecting to see Standby and IAS 99% of the time, with the possibility of emergency VQ deployed if it comes to it. But I really think most people are going to be doing IAS on this one. And that is what Disney is hoping.
Or, if you're onsite, rope drop it and then pay whatever the lesser IAS attraction is to avoid that line.

CntrlFlPete

from what I've seen Disney say, I would think Remy and RotR and mine train would have BG's and paid LL. I assumed that is why they are saying Pause. Here is the most recent wording I have seen from them:

Lightning Lane selections will be made on the same day of your visit and can be used across multiple theme parks, great for those who love the Park Hopper option. Attractions continue to offer a traditional standby queue, or a virtual queue at certain attractions like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance—to maximize flexibility.

from https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/genie/?int_cmp=INS-intWDWtoWDW-Genie

Gillyanne

Of course, this is the day of our park reservation for HS. I was prepared to wake in time to try for a BG and to get the family out earlier if we got a low number. Still haven't gotten to ride as the only other time I tried (and got) a BG they stopped before getting to our number.

Now to decide if I want to adjust our HS day to one before or just [probably] miss out again.

Thread Disclaimer: I've only read page 1 so far

JohnD

Of course, this is the day of our park reservation for HS. I was prepared to wake in time to try for a BG and to get the family out earlier if we got a low number. Still haven't gotten to ride as the only other time I tried (and got) a BG they stopped before getting to our number.

Now to decide if I want to adjust our HS day to one before or just [probably] miss out again.

Thread Disclaimer: I've only read page 1 so far
By removing the VQ, it would be nice if they added it to early morning entry for WDW and select resort guests. (Doesn’t apply to me as I’ll be staying off-site.)

KrzyKtty

I'm definitely not saying LL has nothing to do with it, but the fact that they said pause makes me think it's temporary. It could be because the parks are so empty right now there's no point in the system 🤷.

doctornick

This is a SIGNIFICANT benefit to on-site guests. Stay on site to get on this ride with a minimal wait during early entry or pay.
Would be even bigger for Deluxe resorts if they add nights at DHS for the evening extra hours. Still can’t believe they aren’t including this park for that benefit given how many newish rides are there

begood524

I would imagine based on their wording "...based on guest feedback..." that they wouldn't resume the VQ unless it was absolutely necessary. To me it sounds like Disney knows how much people hate it plus it gives them a chance to sell more IAS. I wonder if they will keep it in place for Ratatouille...

Casper Gutman

You guys are absolutely incredible. It takes a lot of headspace to maintain this level of cognitive dissonance and not go crazy.

People complained for *two years* about how much they hated virtual queue only. Now the exact same people are complaining that it's going away.
You complained when I kept kicking you in the groin, and now you won’t shut up when I’ve changed to punching you in the nose. You’re NEVER happy.

And remember everyone, WDW takes Covid VERY seriously. That’s why they stopped building things and understaff and cut performances and skyrocket prices and sliced menu offerings and open attraction years late. They aren’t just cynically exploiting an unprecedented global tragedy. Now stand in this narrow corridor with 1000 other people for three hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom