News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

Cesar R M

I'm not saying that there's a conspiracy theory either way - I'm just saying, and there's data to back this up, that their wait times are highly inaccurate. Not just impercise. I don't know if they are manipulating things by posting different wait times or just operators are taking their best guess and off and wrong, it doesn't matter. The history just shows that wait times can be wildly off by different margins for different attractions, as much as 50% off.

For example, if you look at TP's Lines app right now for DHS, Midway Mania has a posted 45 minute wait and an expected actual 29 minute wait, while Slinky Dog has a posted 55 minute wait and expected 31 min actual wait - 10 min difference in posted wait but only 2 min difference in expected actual wait. Smugglers run, on the other hand has a posted 40 min wait, but an expected actual wait of 35 minutes - lower posted wait than the other two, but higher estimated actual wait.
I honestly believe the wait times of Rise of the Resistance are not accurate because I've seen so many people STOP to watch the memoralia and movie props.
Who knows if the "assigned" time tag guy ended watching the stuff around 10minutes. And since the Queue is so freaking long....

witandwander

I think it is still a strong deterrent due to mandatory quarantines. Once kids get the vaccine, it will be back to normal. I expect crowds in 2022.
What about the first week of May 2022 (before school gets out)? In your opinion, comparable to now in September or way worse because of an influx of international guests and vaccine for kids?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So.. they are forcing higher wait times in certain attractions to spread out the crowds?
Create demand with “crowds” for pay to play rides
What about the first week of May 2022 (before school gets out)? In your opinion, comparable to now in September or way worse because of an influx of international guests and vaccine for kids?
Why do you ask? 🤪

PolynesianPrincess

Think its hard to compare RotR to other parks, but we for sure can compare it to rides in it's own park:
~11:30am
  • ROTR 80
  • SDD 75
  • TOT 65
  • MFSR/RnRC/MMRR 50
  • TSMM 45
  • All else under 30

Everyone was saying the wait for Rise would be SO long that other rides would have VERY short waits. We can see that's definitely NOT the case. And today is considered a "slower" day.

SirWillow

Something else to remember when talking about current wait times vs current crowd size:
A great many things that would typically absorb a large portion of the crowds are currently not happening.

No character meet and greets
No large shows and entertainment offerings

those absorb a lot more of the crowds- and those who are in lines- otherwise. Balancing out for that missing, what you're seeing likely isn't that far off from a pretty busy day when there are characters, shows and other offerings. I'm thinking it's probably a pretty good gauge of what to expect when the parks can eventually start those again and become more "normal", both on crowd size and extra offerings.

RoadiJeff

You're scaring me and I'm paying 65$/Day in a non Disney hotel by Disney Springs.
I think you'll be OK. I stayed at the Holiday Inn on State Rd 535 for a week last year. Right now I can get it for $60/night, including taxes, when bundled with a flight and it's a pretty decent place for the price. About an 11 mile drive to the Magic Kingdom parking lot. As always, read the google reviews when you're not sure about something. ;)

DisneyCane

I think most would agree Rise is the better ride, certainly more ambitious
Not me. I'd wait over an hour for FoP without hesitation. I don't think I would bother for RotR. The pre-show is great (and the one for FoP is terrible) but the ride itself isn't anything special. It's fun but there's other better rides at WDW. ToT is a better ride in the same park.

TrainsOfDisney

I think most would agree Rise is the better ride, certainly more ambitious
Not necessarily. I think FOP and Navi River together are better than Falcon and Rise together.

I really don’t like the lack of immersion about the FOP ride system. I don’t buy the “we will connect you to a banshee” - Rise is total immersion. But the actual ride? I mean FOP really does feel like you are flying. It’s pretty incredible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom