News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
75 minutes is not bad at all and this is sort of where I expected this to end up. I feel like this morning was a fluke... it was people there just to see what it would be like with stand by only (and likely vloggers hoping to get videos of long lines who in themselves were only adding to the line). 75 minutes is long enough to keep away many of the people who have been fortunate enough to ride it dozens of times already with boarding pass and short enough to not drive away people looking to just get their first ride.

mikejs78

Premium Member
75 minutes is not bad at all and this is sort of where I expected this to end up. I feel like this morning was a fluke... it was people there just to see what it would be like with stand by only (and likely vloggers hoping to get videos of long lines who in themselves were only adding to the line). 75 minutes is long enough to keep away many of the people who have been fortunate enough to ride it dozens of times already with boarding pass and short enough to not drive away people looking to just get their first ride.
To show what type of crowds are at WDW today, FoP is currently at 45 minutes.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
To show what type of crowds are at WDW today, FoP is currently at 45 minutes.

True, but within the same park, the line for Rise is only 30 mins longer than MMRR, 20 mins longer than MFSR, and only 15 mins longer than Slinky. I get that crowds are low, but the fact that the Rise line is less than double any of these other major attractions I feel is telling. Even a two hour wait wouldn't be that terrible (especially when you look at how lines were with FoP this long after opening). The quick dispersion of the crowd also lends hope that when they are busy, crowds for Rise in the afternoon and evening may be very reasonable (especially if we follow similar crowd patterns as FoP).

phillip9698

Keep in mind, its 75 minutes during a low crowd period. When im booking trips in September, im not planning on waiting in any lines over 30 minutes.

Im happy that people that actually want to ride the ride are able to now and you wont have people taking up slots on their 40th ride because they are using the BG system like a fast pass.

mikejs78

Premium Member
True, but within the same park, the line for Rise is only 30 mins longer than MMRR, 20 mins longer than MFSR, and only 15 mins longer than Slinky. I get that crowds are low, but the fact that the Rise line is less than double any of these other major attractions I feel is telling. Even a two hour wait wouldn't be that terrible (especially when you look at how lines were with FoP this long after opening). The quick dispersion of the crowd also lends hope that when they are busy, crowds for Rise in the afternoon and evening may be very reasonable (especially if we follow similar crowd patterns as FoP).
We'll see once crowds hit...

djkidkaz

Wonder if this could turn into the same situation Smugglers run had for a few weeks. Where the wait time actually spikes at opening and drops and settles a bit throughout the day.

Smugglers Run is a pretty lame ride though. It’s a one and done for most people. I would dare say that Star Tours is a better ride due to the randomization. If you didn’t actually sit in the cockpit of the millennium falcon, it would be considered one of the worst rides in the park. If they were smart they would change the video to the ones used in Star Tours and keep it randomized. That would be an excellent way to allow you to leave Batuu and go to the places in the Star Wars universe that people love, not to mention in the millennium falcon. They could then completely retheme Star Tours to a different IP and have all of the Star Wars in the one land.

LovePop

A very good sign! Here I thought the poor thing will be stuffed with a 4 hour line first thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom