News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sorry for the delay. I NEVER sit on that 2nd screen where you can refresh. I sit on the main screen of the app with the AT AT picture.

That JOIN button is always there.

Holding/pulling down to refresh I feel like I have less control and can’t time it exactly as opposed to the other method. Also I don’t want to be pulling down on screen then changing to PUSH. It’s a different hand motion and can cost you fractions of a second.

Yes, this all sounds utterly ridiculous as I type but such is the demands of obtaining a (low) BG for this ride 🤩😂🤩
Thanks 👍👍👍

We have 6 people all linked together so 1 of us is bound to get in :)

KevinPage

Thanks 👍👍👍

We have 6 people all linked together so 1 of us is bound to get in :)

Welcome. And I always tell people, I don’t stare at my phone’s time in the top left corner until like 6:59:45 because if I looked at it for say 30-60 or more I’d end up freezing/psyching myself out.

Changing my eyes from time.is to my phone, it’s a meager 15 seconds, so my eyes and fingers are fresh and ready to go.

I do NOT hit it 1 second early (like some people say they do) or jump the gun. My finger is literally as close to the screen as possible (without touching) so the instant it changes to 7:00, I hit JOIN.

And yes, my daughter & I both try. The statistical odds of anyone else in your party doing every step at the same EXACT time and the phones then communicating with the server exactly at the same time/speed & screwing everyone of getting a boarding group is as close to 0% as you could get.

Good luck 🤩🤩🤩

P.S. And even though I myself use 1 method, my daughter likes to sit on the 2nd screen and constantly do the refresh thing. She has beaten me TWICE. I’m still faster than her 80% of the time. so if you have 6 people, feel free to use multiple methods as you never know which one will work better or who is more comfortable with something else.

Plus I also have 2 separate WiFI networks in my house (AT&T, Spectrum). I make sure we each use a different one not to be in direct competition for the same bandwidth.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Welcome. And I always tell people, I don’t stare at my phone’s time in the top left corner until like 6:59:45 because if I looked at it for say 30-60 or more I’d end up freezing/psyching myself out.

Changing my eyes from time.is to my phone, it’s a meager 15 seconds, so my eyes and fingers are fresh and ready to go.

I do NOT hit it 1 second early (like some people say they do) or jump the gun. My finger is literally as close to the screen as possible (without touching) so the instant it changes to 7:00, I hit JOIN.

And yes, my daughter & I both try. The statistical odds of anyone else in your party doing every step at the same EXACT time and the phones then communicating with the server exactly at the same time/speed & screwing everyone of getting a boarding group is as close to 0% as you could get.

Good luck 🤩🤩🤩
Thanks. We will be making our first attempt next Friday :)

KevinPage

Next visit 8/28. If all goes according to plan

C3E5A84A-8446-4FBD-A6FE-32F962290B76.gif

Missing20K

Also, I recommend practicing before the actual day.

You can do it without a PPR so you get some of the flow/timing down, but naturally it will give you an error saying you don’t have a PPR/not in the park.
So if I got to the screen that gave me the error that no guests had a park reservation does that mean I would have scored a BG?

G00fyDad

Oh sweet. Snagged one first try. Didn’t even use the time.gov. Must have had quick trigger fingers. Thanks for all the tips everyone. Hoping I score one when we get there.

I get it every single time from home too. Just be sure you are watching your latency. Check your speed and how many bars you have 15-30 minutes before you try for real in WDW.

ifan

Got group 11 this morning. Had first group a year and a half ago. Having a strong internet connection was the most important part, I think. Then followed the advice in this thread (starting from Home Screen was faster than refreshing on join screen within our group.) thank you for all the tips since day 1!

MM311

random question...
My brother-in-law is at DHS today and missed out on the 7am groups, I showed him multiple times how to best get a boarding pass, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did something wrong. So my question is, can I log into his account at 1 even though I'm at home, and try to help them get a boarding pass? They will still be physically there, just thought maybe I could give them a helping hand. I've talked this ride up for over a year now, and would feel terrible if they didn't get to ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom