News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

nickys

Premium Member
This is annoying as heck! Refreshed at exactly 7:00, clicked Join, selected my party and then got no more groups available. All less than 5 seconds. How on earth is anyone supposed to get this?
Try again at 1pm.

But you don’t need to select your party. Everyone with tickets and park eservations will already be selected (and if there’s a glitch with that, the CMs can fix it later).

Just hit the buttons:

Join, Join, Join
or
Join, Join, Continue

Don’t stop to read anything!

JLipnick

Don't select your party. Keep going. Even if it is just you selected.
My party was already selected. I just clicked Join. I guess it is just luck of the draw at that point. We will try again at 1 today but I don’t understand how they built this ride with such low capacity that almost 2 years after opening it is still almost impossible to get on it, even with limited park capacity.

JLipnick

Try again at 1pm.

But you don’t need to select your party. Everyone with tickets and park eservations will already be selected (and if there’s a glitch with that, the CMs can fix it later).

Just hit the buttons:

Join, Join, Join
or
Join, Join, Continue

Don’t stop to read anything!
Thanks for the advice. Will see if that works this afternoon.

nickys

Premium Member
Another thing.

Start on the MDE home page.
Scroll down to the part that says Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Request Access via VQ.
Align that with the middle of your screen.
When it reaches 12:59:59 hit Join
Hit Join again
Hit Join again

If you start on the “Join Virtual Queue” screen then you have to refresh and that loses you time. Start on the home page.

G00fyDad

My party was already selected. I just clicked Join. I guess it is just luck of the draw at that point. We will try again at 1 today but I don’t understand how they built this ride with such low capacity that almost 2 years after opening it is still almost impossible to get on it, even with limited park capacity.
Sorry. I was basing my answer off of:
This is annoying as heck! Refreshed at exactly 7:00, clicked Join, selected my party and then got no more groups available. All less than 5 seconds. How on earth is anyone supposed to get this?

Try again at 1pm and you may have a little more time. Good luck. :)

jinx8402

Checking time.gov or time.is a great tip as well. My old phone was consistently 3 seconds behind. That would basically eliminate any chances if things didn't go perfect. So while you might have hit join right at 7, it is possible you were behind a second or two to the server and other users.

gmajew

Premium Member
And I have now rode this twice. Second time some effects were not working but if I did not read this blog I would not have noticed.
Ride is amazing and the feel the music everything is perfect for a Star Wars fan.

yes would like original characters but it was awesome. Truly the best ride in the park by far.

BMP

Question re 1 pm queuing process? Do we need to actually be in the park? I thought we could access for the day, go back for lunch and still be able to try at 1pm (from out resort)… is this not the case?

sorry I am sure this was asked before - but a CM is telling us we need to be in the park

G00fyDad

Question re 1 pm queuing process? Do we need to actually be in the park? I thought we could access for the day, go back for lunch and still be able to try at 1pm (from out resort)… is this not the case?

sorry I am sure this was asked before - but a CM is telling us we need to be in the park

For the 1pm, yes. You do need to be there tapped into the park by 1pm.

DCBaker

Premium Member

You need to have tapped through the turnstiles into the park before 1pm, but you don't have to physically be in DHS after that. As long as you have tapped in, you can get a group from anywhere.

disneygeek90

Really not much of a limited capacity these days. Every bucket of reservations is fully available for the entire month, including today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom