News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

DCBaker

Premium Member
So what happens if you hit the button early before 7:00? I assume you get an error message and have to go back a page and ode valuable time?

No, it brings up this screen -

IMG_36C20E9ED7C3-1.jpeg

Either hold down your finger on the screen and pull down to refresh or hit the < button to bring you back to the AT-AT screen (or the Virtual Queue screen) and hit the join button again.

Last edited:

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Loaded into the room, then pulled back out again. It's definitely struggling.

Edit: it's down. We're getting a recovery pass.
Glad you're getting a recovery pass. Those preshows aren't just filler to make you happy while you're in line - they introduce you to the story and while missing those doesn't necessarily make the ride unenjoyable, it really would lessen the experience as much as any other broken/missing effect does. (I've ridden only once - Thanksgiving week last year, where the only thing that might have been down was the 2/3 cannons, but I didn't really notice it)

iowamomof4

Glad you're getting a recovery pass. Those preshows aren't just filler to make you happy while you're in line - they introduce you to the story and while missing those doesn't necessarily make the ride unenjoyable, it really would lessen the experience as much as any other broken/missing effect does. (I've ridden only once - Thanksgiving week last year, where the only thing that might have been down was the 2/3 cannons, but I didn't really notice it)
Agreed! There was a group behind us experiencing the attraction for the first time and I felt bad for them.

Does anyone know how recovery passes work? Will we still get the full experience? They mentioned an alternate entrance so I didn't know if that meant skipping stuff or not.

Gran Fiesta

I’ve read that the app automatically pre checks members in your party who have reservations for DHS that day. Is that correct so they’ll already be on when the “join” button is hit so you don’t have to waste time clicking to add?
So as long as it says we "are planning together" in the app then we both should be checked when trying to get a group?

G00fyDad

So as long as it says we "are planning together" in the app then we both should be checked when trying to get a group?
I had the same question and was told to not worry about it even if you get to the screen with your party members and you're the only person checked. Just keep clicking on join until you get a boarding group and if not all of your members of your party are in the boarding group then just to see a CM and they can fix it.

Gran Fiesta

I had the same question and was told to not worry about it even if you get to the screen with your party members and you're the only person checked. Just keep clicking on join until you get a boarding group and if not all of your members of your party are in the boarding group then just to see a CM and they can fix it.
Oh okay sweet so they can fix it for us even if it only shows me in the boarding group and not the other person in the party?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom