News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

G00fyDad

The MDE app will select anyone on your friends and family list that has valid park tickets and a park reservation for that day.

If you are trying to practice, they won't be auto-selected because you don't have a reservation.

Thank you. I feel my anxiety going back down now. :)

Ripken10

They are now doing rope drop (at least they did this morning at 825 am)

We got the afternoon boarding group (145) so hoping we made it

The reason we ran into a problem this morning is we have 4 kids in our group that are under 3 (no ticket). Have to have them on reservation but they don’t get a park pass. So when we tried for boarding pass they force us to remove them. A
Quite annoying

Ugh, the Disney WiFi screwed me… I was lightning fast, but my friends list took way longer to load then when practicing at home. Praying the 1:00 window is open longer again. So disappointed, this just makes my day 1,000 times more stressful. 😖

gerarar

Premium Member
Interesting. Previously BG 95 (and 84 from the previous poster’s) was distributed at the 7am drop, but now it seems like it’s being distributed at the 1pm drop.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Interesting. Previously BG 95 (and 84 from the previous poster’s) was distributed at the 7am drop, but now it seems like it’s being distributed at the 1pm drop.
Unless there have been operational issues, it feels like perhaps guests per group has increased from looking over the past several days.

FRD714

They are now doing rope drop (at least they did this morning at 825 am)

We got the afternoon boarding group (145) so hoping we made it

The reason we ran into a problem this morning is we have 4 kids in our group that are under 3 (no ticket). Have to have them on reservation but they don’t get a park pass. So when we tried for boarding pass they force us to remove them. A
Quite annoying
Ok this is what I’m worried about when we go. We have a 1 year old and he is on our list. Technically it shouldn’t select him on the day we have reservations, but it pre selected your kids while trying to I obtain a BG?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
So, what's the consensus? Trust the Disney WiFi or switch to mobile data when making reservations? Or does it really depend on where you are when you are making the reservation?

lentesta

Premium Member
I've been trying to get at that answer. I imagine soon enough @lentesta will have actual data to confirm or deny the hypothesis.

1,088 riders between 10:50 AM and 11:50 AM. I think 15 boarding groups? Someone correct me if that BG count is wrong.

ETA: Pre-pandemic and at Disneyland, we thought there were around 150 people per boarding group.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom