News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

TriSeb

Thank you @disneygeek90, the new process was as seamless as you outlined. I was able to totally hook up my niece!

1612009158213.png

Aries1975

Has anyone had any luck asking for a LATER group, perhaps with the GET? I have a group going next month for my mom's birthday and one person (who is a first timer) won't be able to arrive until about 12:30. I'm wondering if I should just try and wait it out a few seconds at 7 and if it's called early try to talk to a team member, or if I go for the 1pm. The 1pm is obviously just scary because that's just the one chance.
I tried to ask for a later group as I had a teenager still in the hotel room at Jambo when our group was called last week. Although my daughter was familiar with Studios in general, we had not been there since Star Wars land opened. I was not confident she would have been able to get on the bus and run through the park in time. The GET told me no. Fortunately, my daughter eeked it out with 2 minutes to spare.

Last edited:

cinderellafan6

Sorry if this has been asked before.... We are planning on going to Hollywood studios this Friday for a couple hours since we are driving there. We should be arriving at the park around 5pm. If I try to get a boarding group at 7am and I get a low number, can I still enter the ride after 5pm if my boarding number has already been called?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Sorry if this has been asked before.... We are planning on going to Hollywood studios this Friday for a couple hours since we are driving there. We should be arriving at the park around 5pm. If I try to get a boarding group at 7am and I get a low number, can I still enter the ride after 5pm if my boarding number has already been called?
No you cannot. You have a one hour return window.

disneygeek90

I tried to ask for a later group as I had a teenager still in the hotel room at Jambo when our group was called last week. Although my daughter was familiar with Studios in general, we had not been there since Star Wars land opened. I was not confident she would have been able to get on the bus and run through the park in time. The GET told me no. Fortunately, my daughter eeked it out with 2 minutes to spare.
Thanks for the answer. I find that kinda weird honestly that they wouldn't honor that. I played around with it a little on Sunday and waited ~2 seconds longer than normal and ended up with group 44, called at 11:15. I'm wondering if I wait another second or two if that pushes me to the sweet spot. I may try that theory out again this weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom