News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

DisneyCane

HS was always filling the cap, or coming close. They've definitely raised it.
The passholder cap was being hit but I don't think the resort guest or ticket purchaser caps were all the time.

We were there two weeks ago at DHS and AK. At DHS nothing was walk on (except Star Tours at 9:45 am) but the waits weren't bad. SDD was 35 minutes, ToT was 25, MF was 10 when we got on line right after getting a BG for RotR at 10.

AK was walk on for dinosaur and Kali, 10 minutes for EE and around 20 for FoP. While I miss the short cut re-rides of FoP from the first week of reopening, the waits were more than reasonable. I'm glad it's busier because those waits were completely unsustainable from a a business standpoint.

KevinPage

The passholder cap was being hit but I don't think the resort guest or ticket purchaser caps were all the time.

We were there two weeks ago at DHS and AK. At DHS nothing was walk on (except Star Tours at 9:45 am) but the waits weren't bad. SDD was 35 minutes, ToT was 25, MF was 10 when we got on line right after getting a BG for RotR at 10.

AK was walk on for dinosaur and Kali, 10 minutes for EE and around 20 for FoP. While I miss the short cut re-rides of FoP from the first week of reopening, the waits were more than reasonable. I'm glad it's busier because those waits were completely unsustainable from a a business standpoint.

True, it was fun while it lasted for that brief moment in time 🤩🤩🤩

gerarar

Premium Member
Posted this in the main ROTR thread, but they’re adding plastic dividers in the ride itself now. Pictures are in the following spoiler block:
A67B8870-C350-47A4-9B80-2218F0916FBB.jpeg

22D35E82-4A84-4572-B51D-6579982B3C53.png

Disney’s currently adding plastic dividers in the ride transports. This will in turn increase capacity as two parties can now ride together in one transport.
View attachment 500056
View attachment 500057
View attachment 500058

KevinPage

Posted this in the main ROTR thread, but they’re adding plastic dividers in the ride itself now. Pictures are in the following spoiler block:

Do we know if this is the soft pliable plastic like Kilamanjaro & Living with the Land OR the thicker hard plastic they use as seat dividers and in the queues?

I’m hoping it’s the latter as that would provide better viewing and far less obtrusive.

Anyways, the new thing to do on Rise is try and get SILVER (white) and BLUE (correct me if I’m wrong) as those are the front seats in each transport 🤩😂🤩

gerarar

Premium Member
Do we know if this is the soft pliable plastic like Kilamanjaro & Living with the Land OR the thicker hard plastic they use as seat dividers and in the queues?

I’m hoping it’s the latter as that would provide better viewing and far less obtrusive.

Anyways, the new thing to do on Rise is try and get SILVER (white) and BLUE (correct me if I’m wrong) as those are the front seats in each transport 🤩😂🤩
With the way it reflects off light, seems to be soft bendable plastic dividers.

techgeek

Interesting.. they are using what looks like solid plexi dividers in Tokyo on the new B&tB ride vehicles, and are using that to fill multiple parties per vehicle. Odd they went with flexible ones here, but maybe that has to do with ride forces and people bouncing up against them.

This may be a necessary evil to get some more capacity out of Rise, but I'm not a big fan of the look. Looks like the end of "private experiences" for single riders may be around the corner.

gerarar

Premium Member
Interesting.. they are using what looks like solid plexi dividers in Tokyo on the new B&tB ride vehicles, and are using that to fill multiple parties per vehicle. Odd they went with flexible ones here, but maybe that has to do with ride forces and people bouncing up against them.

This may be a necessary evil to get some more capacity out of Rise, but I'm not a big fan of the look. Looks like the end of "private experiences" for single riders may be around the corner.
Doesn’t Dinosaur have solid plexiglass dividers? And we all know how rough and bouncy the ride gets....”Left, Right, Left, Right!”

It may just be a supply issue and using what they have or got. But who knows really. As to the appearance, I agree it’s a bad look, especially in very first scene when you leave unload...

Figments Friend

I was at DHS the entire day today....and didn't even bother attempting to get a Boarding Group.
But I enjoyed my day regardless.

Did observe the 'zombie hours' of dozens of people standing around quietly with their digital gadgets out.
I kept on walkin'.
Shortly afterwards, I noticed the long lines of people waiting to talk to the Guest Experience CMs....I'm assuming to complain or ask about the Boarding Group process.
And I kept on walkin'.

I'll see 'Rise' in person some day, but not this time.
I can wait.
At some point it will be Standby...and I can hold out.
Still 'spoiler free', too.

-

gerarar

Premium Member
I was at DHS the entire day today....and didn't even bother attempting to get a Boarding Group.
But I enjoyed my day regardless.

Did observe the 'zombie hours' of dozens of people standing around quietly with their digital gadgets out.
I kept on walkin'.
Shortly afterwards, I noticed the long lines of people waiting to talk to the Guest Experience CMs....I'm assuming to complain or ask about the Boarding Group process.
And I kept on walkin'.

I'll see 'Rise' in person some day, but not this time.
I can wait.
At some point it will be Standby...and I can hold out.
Still 'spoiler free', too.

-
I would’ve tried to get a BG for the heck of it! Who knows you may fare well on the lottery and finally experience the masterpiece!

If you were to ask me, only standby is still a year+ away imo. The ride’s been having a lot of good days recently, but the tide may turn soon, sadly.

Figments Friend

I would’ve tried to get a BG for the heck of it! Who knows you may fare well on the lottery and finally experience the masterpiece!

If you were to ask me, only standby is still a year+ away imo. The ride’s been having a lot of good days recently, but the tide may turn soon, sadly.

I can wait.
If don't own a cell / smart phone and the required Disney App will not operate on my 'outdated' tablet.
So unless I buddy up with a Guest Experience CM at the right moment....I have no way of actively getting a Boarding Group at all.
So the few folks like me who don't have the digital gadgets miss out.

But I have the paitence of a rock, so I'll wait until Standby arrives.

I'm sure DHS Guest Services CMs have been getting earfuls from disappointed to downright irate Guests who miss their chance to get a BG.
I heard some comments today from a few I passed by and I would image this is a ongoing issue.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom