News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Wendy Pleakley

It's a shame that 'tourists' can't be given some sort of advantage over the legions of repeat riders on this attraction. There are so many posts from Annual Pass holders comparing what they've seen on their latest experience. I'm sure that the 'tourists' would really feel sorry for you when the sound effect was missing from a particular portion of the ride. We'll be visiting during Christmas week and will keep our fingers crossed that our 6 grandchildren get to experience it for the first time. I'm sure that repeat riders are taking up an awful lot of slots from visitors who will return home after being denied a boarding pass. :(

Yeah, pre-COVID I think the boarding passes were becoming relatively accessible (sold out after several minutes as opposed to seconds).

It would make sense to give resort guests one guaranteed boarding pass during a stay.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It would make sense to give resort guests one guaranteed boarding pass during a stay.
That could block out anyone not staying at a resort depending on how the day goes. Which would be unfair on others.

Sadly for the short term there will always be some who loose out. Should those who only have one opportunity to experience it loose out? Absolutely not.

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah, pre-COVID I think the boarding passes were becoming relatively accessible (sold out after several minutes as opposed to seconds).

Pre Covid there was absolutely no way to give all resort guests a guaranteed boarding pass, and plenty missed out. It took longer to fill because there were more being handed out.

With Resort capacity now, I don’t know whether it would be possible. The ride capacity has also been cut due to the social distancing required.

There is no solution that is fair to all.

Wendy Pleakley

That could block out anyone not staying at a resort depending on how the day goes. Which would be unfair on others.

Sadly for the short term there will always be some who loose out. Should those who only have one opportunity to experience it loose out? Absolutely not.

It comes down to numbers, which we aren't privy to. Does anyone know what percentage of Studios guests get a boarding pass on a given day?

Assuming resort guests do a minimum 4-day ticket, if they are given one boarding pass what would be the equivalent for other guests that would be fair? One pass per month for a passholder?

It could also make sense given the current restrictions on park hopping. As a resort guest, I'd be scheduling one day at Studios so would only get that one shot. It could help spread crowds out better, after all Studios is the park most often fully booked for Passholder access.

rodserling27

The entire queue was evacuated just now after the fire alarm went off. No word if it’s related to anything from the past few days. I’m being told it’s a queue building emergency, not a ride emergency

No Pickles

The entire queue was evacuated just now after the fire alarm went off. No word if it’s related to anything from the past few days. I’m being told it’s a queue building emergency, not a ride emergency
I was on the queue for Falcon when it was evacced for a fire alarm. It took about 30 minutes to restart. I’m not sure if that affected ROTR as well.

rodserling27

Wow. So I had not read anything about the changes to the attraction with the whole covid situation...how awful. Completely pathetic. Seriously. The absolute lack of immersion is a disgrace. If they can’t find a way to include all of the elements, they shouldn’t run the attraction. The folks around me in line (that had never been on it before) were heartbroken when they realized we had skipped about 1/3 of the experience. I don’t recommend going anywhere near ROTR until everything is back to normal. I’m dumbfounded!

jaxonp

Wow. So I had not read anything about the changes to the attraction with the whole covid situation...how awful. Completely pathetic. Seriously. The absolute lack of immersion is a disgrace. If they can’t find a way to include all of the elements, they shouldn’t run the attraction. The folks around me in line (that had never been on it before) were heartbroken when they realized we had skipped about 1/3 of the experience. I don’t recommend going anywhere near ROTR until everything is back to normal. I’m dumbfounded!

what isn’t working?

peter11435

Sounds like what you experienced has nothing to do with Covid. The attraction has been running with all elements post Covid.

rodserling27

what isn’t working?
No preshow message from Rey, Poe, etc, no boarding the resistance ship and getting overtaken by the first order, no starfield behind the storm troopers. From the queue, we walked straight through the preshow, didn’t even get a chance to look at Poe’s X-Wing, turned the corner and walked into a random door right into the First Order’s hangar without any setup. Awful, awful. The guy behind me goes, “wait how did we get up here? I thought we were in a rebel base?” Haha!
Sounds like what you experienced has nothing to do with Covid. The attraction has been running with all elements post Covid.
Really? That’s actually good to hear. It must have something to do with the alarm and emergency evacuation in the queue today. It’s funny, there were physical distancing stickers all through the random entrance into the hangar, which made me think it was the norm right now. I guess I just got rather unlucky.

jaxonp

No preshow message from Rey, Poe, etc, no boarding the resistance ship and getting overtaken by the first order, no starfield behind the storm troopers. From the queue, we walked straight through the preshow, didn’t even get a chance to look at Poe’s X-Wing, turned the corner and walked into a random door right into the First Order’s hangar without any setup. Awful, awful. The guy behind me goes, “wait how did we get up here? I thought we were in a rebel base?” Haha!

Really? That’s actually good to hear. It must have something to do with the alarm and emergency evacuation in the queue today. It’s funny, there were physical distancing stickers all through the random entrance into the hangar, which made me think it was the norm right now. I guess I just got rather unlucky.
yea many of those things happened to me before Covid.... sometimes the ride doesn’t run in full A mode... and for that Disney should be ashamed. My second time riding they took us through a cast member door instead of the transport ship to the Star destroyer hanger bay ... the illusion was over.

disneygeek90

Yeah.. that's a technical difficulty unrelated to Covid. Previously all preshows have been working. I'd guess that the issue earlier in the day eliminated the pre shows for whatever reason. It's a shame but it happened pre-covid from time to time as well, should be back to normal tomorrow.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No preshow message from Rey, Poe, etc, no boarding the resistance ship and getting overtaken by the first order, no starfield behind the storm troopers. From the queue, we walked straight through the preshow, didn’t even get a chance to look at Poe’s X-Wing, turned the corner and walked into a random door right into the First Order’s hangar without any setup. Awful, awful. The guy behind me goes, “wait how did we get up here? I thought we were in a rebel base?” Haha!.
Yeah.. that's a technical difficulty unrelated to Covid. Previously all preshows have been working. I'd guess that the issue earlier in the day eliminated the pre shows for whatever reason. It's a shame but it happened pre-covid from time to time as well, should be back to normal tomorrow.
I hope you asked for a reride at some time in the future to experience the full product.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom