News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

0CC8F149-58C6-4674-B58C-41C2C670854C.gif

C89C9C68-FC4F-4F47-B107-BFFB91C76DD7.jpeg

disneygeek90

Man I'm really starting to get nervous haha. My first try will be Thursday. I guess I'm not helping my nerves by watching youtube videos of people failing... I plan on using the fresh restart method. Been practicing for the last couple of days.
You will be fine! If you’ve been practicing you already know what to expect more than the majority that will be out there.

At about 8:02 this morning a saw a lady scanning her ticket to link to her account on the app.

disneygeek90

Front AT-AT, in line to end of ride took just under 40 minutes 😍
I tried to pay more attention to the effects @gerarar has mentioned in the AT-AT room. There were light sparks coming off the shots today, I don’t think I’ve ever seen those, or if I have I definitely haven’t seen them recently. Everything else working too!

Last edited:

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
My phone (although I'm not in the park) shows back-up BG still available as of 8:28am still. That is a lot longer than the last few days. That gives me hope as we will be there in 1 week attempting to get BG's..:)

The half marathon this morning knocking out something like 20,000 runners (and probably many of their families that either spectated or didn’t want to go without one of the group) from getting there before 8am probably had a lot to do with the lower crowd today (and most of the 10k runners yesterday not finishing in time either) than earlier in the week and last weekend.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Front AT-AT, in line to end of ride took just under 40 minutes 😍
I tried to pay more attention to the effects @gerarar has mentioned in the AT-AT room. There were light sparks coming off the shots today, I don’t think I’ve ever seen those, or if I have I definitely haven’t seen them recently. Everything else working too!
That's good to hear! Was the pipe in the end Kylo scene also working? Someone mentioned the other day it was, but just want to know/see if it's consistently working properly from now on.

disneygeek90

That's good to hear! Was the pipe in the end Kylo scene also working? Someone mentioned the other day it was, but just want to know/see if it's consistently working properly from now on.
I meant to look for that as well but missed it. I’m pretty sure I saw it last week though.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Hi all. I've just started following this thread and will be at DHS 3 weeks from today. Can anyone point me to a post that summarizes the methods being used and the pros and cons. I'm trying to avoid reading 450 pages. Thanks.

This is how @Demarke pretty consistently gets low group numbers.

I've used this method several times and it has yet to fail for me.

No problem at all, waiting on the expo bus, so have some time! Here’s step by step what I do.

For an 8:00 opening:
7:30 - Get into park; get situated with what ride you want to do first
7:35-7:40ish - Make sure wifi and Bluetooth are off; swipe any and all open programs closed; turn off phone so it has time to do a full shut down refresh
7:55 - Turn phone back on but don’t click on anything, apps or otherwise
7:57:30 - Open Disney app so it has a moment to do its initial load, but don’t click anything in the app yet
8:00:00 on the dot - Click “Find Out More” (I watch the seconds tick up on my watch with the app open on my phone in the other hand ready to click as close to that instant as possible)
- if “join group” is available on that next screen, click it and select your party, it’s been about 50/50 for me whether it’s been available immediately
- if “join group” is not available, immediately click “Check Status” and “Join Boarding Group” should be available on the next screen
8:01 - Profit!! 😉

Hope this helps!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom