News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

DCBaker

Premium Member
Hi All, Apologies in advance if this is a rudimentary question. I've been following this thread for weeks now as I'll be making my first trip Rise opened this April and I want to be prepared. I'm all in on the Demarke method and have even made several successful dry runs. I do have 1 question that I haven't seen clarified here. I have a travel group of 4 (2 kids) and 3 of us have iphones. I understand that we should all be using them when trying to grab a boarding group. Currently I have the account on My Disney Experience and I manage plans for my wife and kids. I plan on having them add the app before our trip so we can have 3 phones trying for Boarding Groups. My question for those people that have multiple people trying is do you all have different My Disney accounts or are multiple people logged on to the same account at the same time? Hope that makes sense.

I would highly recommend having them create their own MDE accounts.

factory190

Hi All, Apologies in advance if this is a rudimentary question. I've been following this thread for weeks now as I'll be making my first trip Rise opened this April and I want to be prepared. I'm all in on the Demarke method and have even made several successful dry runs. I do have 1 question that I haven't seen clarified here. I have a travel group of 4 (2 kids) and 3 of us have iphones. I understand that we should all be using them when trying to grab a boarding group. Currently I have the account on My Disney Experience and I manage plans for my wife and kids. I plan on having them add the app before our trip so we can have 3 phones trying for Boarding Groups. My question for those people that have multiple people trying is do you all have different My Disney accounts or are multiple people logged on to the same account at the same time? Hope that makes sense.
I have 3 adults in my group and 1 child. We are all linked together (sent invites) but on 3 different accounts. I manage the child’s account but any of us can add or modify fastpasses etc. for each other.

MiddKid

Did you happen to notice if the hanging pipe next to the Kylo AA in the last encounter was swaying/moving? It's been stagnant for the last few weeks afaik and from what I could find online in videos/povs.

I specifically looked for this and can confirm it was working both yesterday and today. It was just hanging there upon entering the room and then whips back and forth when the impact hits.

gerarar

Premium Member
I specifically looked for this and can confirm it was working both yesterday and today. It was just hanging there upon entering the room and then whips back and forth when the impact hits.
That's great news! that they're fixing 'broken' effects such as this...now only if they can fix the blaster effects (the ones that spin around and light up red) in the AT-AT room! Unless I'm mistaken and those have been fixed as well. :p

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
After reading people's experience with refresh v. restart and my own experience, I've seen that both methods can inexplicably fail.

Therefore, until very extensive record keeping is done with controlled variables that prove otherwise, I've determined that:
  1. It doesn't matter whether you restart or refresh.
  2. What matters is hitting the button and 'pinging into the server' at the right time to beat others to a lower group.
  3. And since so many other people are doing the same thing at the same time, you may not get a low group.
  4. And the 'pinging in' may completely fail, regardless if you refresh or restarted from scratch (see #3).
  5. Having more people in your group increases the chance that one of you will not have a failed pinging in, and will grab a lower BG number.
Everything else is just confirmation bias and a product of variable reinforcement and magical thinking where people think that random stuff they're doing has an effect on an outcome which, in reality, it doesn't. Sorry... that's just the way higher level vertebrates try to make sense of the world.

I mean, it's good to experiment and create theories and test them. But in the end, one has to be able to let go of theories if they're not always working.

I have spoken.

KevinPage

That's great news! that they're fixing 'broken' effects such as this...now only if they can fix the blaster effects (the ones that spin around and light up red) in the AT-AT room! Unless I'm mistaken and those have been fixed as well. :p

They were for me last weekend (arm at least)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Its a marketing icon. Its the same as adding a spoiler to a Kia to increase its speed: Zero.
1582304747118.png

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
The site that shall not be named is reporting glitches in the app boarding group selection process, so, given their poor reporting track record, I guess I was probably wrong about there being issues in the app. 😉
6C3F5617-EFBD-4935-96AD-10C57D046398.jpeg

Last edited:

H20Babie

I'm starting to get really anxious/nervous about my upcoming trip. FP+ etc. booked 60 days out before the announcement of MMRT opening March 4 and that is my one and only DHS day. Hoping for the best with RoTR but planning for the worst, as I won't be back to WDW for a few years after this one.

KevinPage

After reading people's experience with refresh v. restart and my own experience, I've seen that both methods can inexplicably fail.

Therefore, until very extensive record keeping is done with controlled variables that prove otherwise, I've determined that:
  1. It doesn't matter whether you restart or refresh.
  2. What matters is hitting the button and 'pinging into the server' at the right time to beat others to a lower group.
  3. And since so many other people are doing the same thing at the same time, you may not get a low group.
  4. And the 'pinging in' may completely fail, regardless if you refresh or restarted from scratch (see #3).
  5. Having more people in your group increases the chance that one of you will not have a failed pinging in, and will grab a lower BG number.
Everything else is just confirmation bias and a product of variable reinforcement and magical thinking where people think that random stuff they're doing has an effect on an outcome which, in reality, it doesn't. Sorry... that's just the way higher level vertebrates try to make sense of the world.

I mean, it's good to experiment and create theories and test them. But in the end, one has to be able to let go of theories if they're not always working.

I have spoken.
The site that shall not be named is reporting glitches in the app boarding group selection process, so, given their poor reporting track record, I guess I was probably wrong about there being issues in the app. 😉
View attachment 450806

I’ll take credit for that (at least partially) as I emailed/messaged them the issues others here had when they would go into the app prior to scheduled opening time and receive that message. Funny how it reads like it’s totally 100% confirmed and not “we getting reports from people”. Guess I have the stink of credibility on me or something 😂

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom