News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

TWO TIPS for ya @LittleBuford

I like to make sure even 5-15 minutes prior to park opening that MY STATUS is already red (it should be) and JOIN BOARDING GROUP should be grayed out. The 1 time I had a app/synch issue it was not red prior to opening or after opening and I got 131 (worst I’ve ever gotten).

CA327C93-490B-4B10-A006-DB6F6BBFDAC5.png

After that reboot, turn off WIFI/Bluetoothand then load the app 2 minutes prior to opening and sit at this screen

0F632824-26BF-429E-B888-AE5D85CFA04A.png

IGNORE PARK ANNOUNCEMENTS and click FIND OUT MORE as soon as it turns 8am (not 2 seconds before)

If JOIN BOARDING GROUP on the next screen is not red, hit MY STATUS, which should then give you another chance to JOIN BOARDING GROUP

LittleBuford

I like to make sure even 5-15 minutes prior to park opening that MY STATUS is already red (it should be) and JOIN BOARDING GROUP should be grayed out. The 1 time I had a app/synch issue it was not red prior to opening or after opening and I got 131 (worst I’ve ever gotten).

View attachment 447372

After that reboot, turn off WIFI/Bluetoothand then load the app 2 minutes prior to opening and sit at this screen

View attachment 447373

IGNORE PARK ANNOUNCEMENTS and click FIND OUT MORE as soon as it turns 8am (not 2 seconds before)

If JOIN BOARDING GROUP on the next screen is not red, hit MY STATUS, which should then give you another chance to JOIN BOARDING GROUP

Super, super helpful! Thank you!

(And glad to see you're a fellow Voyage of the Little Mermaid fan!)

disneygeek90

View attachment 447372

View attachment 447373

I keep wanting to try this but at the same time it seems so risky lol. Maybe I'll have my friend do the hard open as a backup and see who gets in first.

KevinPage

I keep wanting to try this but at the same time it seems so risky lol. Maybe I'll have my friend do the hard open as a backup and see who gets in first.

I’ll be damned if I’m gonna stand here and let you besmirch the good name of @Demarke 🤪🤪🤪

But with more competition and less groups available, preloading shaves off a precious few seconds that could make/break it for you.

DCBaker

Premium Member

One note on this - on this screen (the screen AFTER clicking on My Status), you scan swipe down for a manual refresh as well.

mediamark

I'll be heading there for the first time next week and I'm sure somewhere in these million posts is the answer to my question but I've just not seen it. My question: Once you hit Join Boarding Group at the right time, what happens? Are you able to select which of your friends (that are in the park) to join the BG with you?

DCBaker

Premium Member
I'll be heading there for the first time next week and I'm sure somewhere in these million posts is the answer to my question but I've just not seen it. My question: Once you hit Join Boarding Group at the right time, what happens? Are you able to select which of your friends (that are in the park) to join the BG with you?

Yes, a list of people will pop up that are linked to your MDE account and you can select who you would like to add to your boarding group (either by select all or individually selecting them).

montyz81

Question: Can you go to the park early in the AM, get a boarding group and then leave the park until your boarding group is called, or do you have to be in that park all day?

gerarar

Premium Member
Question: Can you go to the park early in the AM, get a boarding group and then leave the park until your boarding group is called, or do you have to be in that park all day?
You can leave the park after securing your BG. So park hop, back to hotel, take a trip on the Skyliner, etc.!

Chadisa

Question for #teamfreshstart peeps, has anyone been jammed up with having to sign back into their account when trying to grab a BG? That is the newest thing I’m worried about as sometimes I need to sign back in when edited dining reservations or something.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Question for #teamfreshstart peeps, has anyone been jammed up with having to sign back into their account when trying to grab a BG? That is the newest thing I’m worried about as sometimes I need to sign back in when edited dining reservations or something.

I've never had that happen to me while trying to getting a boarding group, using either the fresh start or refresh method.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom