News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MJJME

Does anyone have any information on how long the wait was once BG's were called last night when they called all those groups in close proximity? Curious to how long the lines have been towards the end of the night if you get a high BG number?

ok529

I mean, I agree that boarding groups make a certain amount of sense, but saying "not having them isn't a viable option" doesn't make any sense. This is an unorthodox, unusual system. The first time we've really ever seen this (without going back decades) was Smuggler's Run at DLR a few months ago. IOA didn't even have a virtual queue despite hinting that they'd do it, and Hagrids being in the same situation that Rise was in. Taking the GE rides off of FP+ from day 1 was the first time that Disney's ever done this since practically the beginning of Fast Pass years ago.

So there obviously is a lot of precedent to parks not using boarding groups, and its unprecedented to not even have stand-by lines for months on end. And no, this ride isn't special. There have been tons of ground-breaking unreliable, out of control popular rides throughout theme park history. Demand will get lower, it will get more reliable, etc. and it will become an afterthought. Saying this ride is different than any other major ride and saying that not opening standby "isn't an option" is just unfounded. Not having boarding groups now might be a bad option, but its an option. IOA never budged from stand-by only for Hagrids, its arguably taken the world by storm more than Rise.
I think there is a thread just for boarding groups! Can we keeps this thread about results, and how the ride is running today?

gerarar

Premium Member
Does anyone have any information on how long the wait was once BG's were called last night when they called all those groups in close proximity? Curious to how long the lines have been towards the end of the night if you get a high BG number?
Considering the first two preshows were skipped, it probably moved at a faster pace.

LittleBuford

Group 73. All 63 'guaranteed' groups were gone within seconds this morning. It really is a game of luck rather than first come first served!

How short has the window become these days? Are we talking ten seconds, thirty seconds, or up to a minute? I dip in and out of this thread, so I may have missed it, but I can’t recall anyone saying they didn’t get a regular BG provided they arrived before opening and the app didn’t glitch.

DCBaker

Premium Member
How short has the window become these days? Are we talking ten seconds, thirty seconds, or up to a minute? I dip in and out of this thread, so I may have missed it, but I can’t recall anyone saying they didn’t get a regular BG provided they arrived before opening and the app didn’t glitch.

It goes quickly, less than a minute and closer to 30 seconds. The issue now is they have dropped the initial boarding groups by at least a third, down to ~62 for several days now.

Parker in NYC

New rules. Don't mention:

Standby
The ride could break down and you'd be in line for 20 hours. Or, the ride wouldn't break down and you'd be in line for 10 hours. Or, you'll be asked if you know how ops works. Or all three.

FastPass+
The ride could break down and you'd be in line for 20 hours. Or, the ride wouldn't break down and you'd be in line for 10 hours. Or, you'll be asked if you know how ops works. Or all three.

In summation, boarding groups.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom