News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

bferrara16

The problem I see with the allotment strategy is that groups would go even quicker. Insanely quick. We hear reports of people being 2 minutes late and getting group 100+. If they were issuing, say, 20 groups every 2 hours, you would realistically need to have a group within 15-20 seconds to get one. That seems even less friendly to the slower or larger groups.
True. It’s almost as if the waking up at 5am to get a BG is part of the weeding out process.

kverdon

The problem I see with the allotment strategy is that groups would go even quicker. Insanely quick. We hear reports of people being 2 minutes late and getting group 100+. If they were issuing, say, 20 groups every 2 hours, you would realistically need to have a group within 15-20 seconds to get one. That seems even less friendly to the slower or larger groups.

Most of us are completely closing the app, swiping it up on the phone so you get the Mickey fireworks etc right at 7.
Thanks

jt04

On the topic of alternative solutions, I’d love it if there were multiple lotteries per day. Maybe every 2 hours. If you get in one, you’re precluded from the rest of day.
And my question- I’m in WDW now and tomorrow is DHS day. I’m without a FP for slinky and have a kid who desperately needs to ride it so I think I have to get near front of RD crowd for that. Any advice tips for people in my shoes who are trying to accomplish that as well as pick up a good BG? What time would I need to arrive for that?

If I were going I'd be there between 6 and 630. But others say closer to 7. I figure it is worth the earlier time if manageable.

UNCgolf

I think the best they could do at the moment with the BG system is two allotments per day; one at opening and one sometime around noon. They'd have a better idea of how many to issue at that point because they'd know how many they were able to call to the ride during the morning, and it avoids the issue you mention of having all the groups gone in a few seconds. They could issue 80-90 at 7 AM, then make a determination for how many to release in the secondary group. I don't think it would be a problem even if the secondary allotment were technically all backup groups with no guarantee of riding.

The ride would need to be running much closer to optimal levels (probably twice as many people per hour as they're doing at the moment) to be able to issue BGs every couple of hours.

AC21075

Boarding group 43. Tried opening the app from scratch at 6:59, but it never got back in before 7. Fortunately my wife was also on it. We had a finger fumble that split our group in two (43 vs 103), but Saint Nicole with the Guest Experience Team at the entrance to Toy Story land saved our family vacation from that early misstep! Now we’re all in group 43 and currently waiting in line for Slinky Dog!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom