News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

bgoofy

So if I get a boarding pass say 77. I can assume that would be mid-afternoon to mid-evening can I then leave Hollywood Studios and hop over to Epcot for the festival of arts and then hop back to the Studios or do you lose the boarding number when you exit the park?

disneygeek90

So if I get a boarding pass say 77. I can assume that would be mid-afternoon to mid-evening can I then leave Hollywood Studios and hop over to Epcot for the festival of arts and then hop back to the Studios or do you lose the boarding number when you exit the park?
You can leave. Mid afternoon is reasonable for 77. You just need to be back to the ROTR entrance within two hours of being called.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And a few notes about today’s ride......

once Hux and Kylo exited interrogation room there was a good 10-15 second delay we could hear noises and stuff from the next room. Once the door cutout was triggered, as we entered ride vehicles Finn was already chatting on screen (different dialogue), then before dispatch he came back to give his usual escape route speil.

After we landed and going around corner to exit ride, we see Beck, but there was a slight delay of about 5 seconds and Finn is told Beck’s escape pod crash landed and he freaks out until told Beck is okay. Normally you just hear Finn saying you are part of the Resistance and he wants “all eyes on Beck” (before Beck welcomes you back).

And silly me, Beck is there in the same escape pod you launched from as well. Never made that connection until today’s dialogue 😜

Cool to hear these extra random bits of dialogue built into the ride 🤩🤩🤩
I’ve heard the search for Beck stall for a good 30 seconds when there’s a hold up at unload or a semi cascade.

durangojim

And a few notes about today’s ride......

once Hux and Kylo exited interrogation room there was a good 10-15 second delay we could hear noises and stuff from the next room. Once the door cutout was triggered, as we entered ride vehicles Finn was already chatting on screen (different dialogue), then before dispatch he came back to give his usual escape route speil.

After we landed and going around corner to exit ride, we see Beck, but there was a slight delay of about 5 seconds and Finn is told Beck’s escape pod crash landed and he freaks out until told Beck is okay. Normally you just hear Finn saying you are part of the Resistance and he wants “all eyes on Beck” (before Beck welcomes you back).

And silly me, Beck is there in the same escape pod you launched from as well. Never made that connection until today’s dialogue 😜

Cool to hear these extra random bits of dialogue built into the ride 🤩🤩🤩
The delay was there yesterday morning too. It was about 5 seconds.

Viget

I’ve heard the search for Beck stall for a good 30 seconds when there’s a hold up at unload or a semi cascade.

Martin--

How many ride vehicle groups of 8 are there in the ride? I would imagine bare bones would have to be 4 cycles, meaning 32 RVs, one cycling in to load from buffer queue, one cycling onto the track from load areas, one cycling from the show to unload, and one in the buffer queue. But I can see where load/unload delays can lead to cascading failure due to supply/demand mismatch if the buffer is too small.

Anything you can say?

Trackmaster

Ridiculous! A ploy to keep people in the most boring park all day. Or can you leave and come back? How long do you have once your boarding group is called?

I don't know, the expansion of tier 1 has been awesome for DHS. Its raining FP+ now! Since people can only book one of the important rides, once you blow through two tier 2s, you can pretty much book anything other than Slinky on demand, and just refresh for 5 minutes or so for Slinky. So its marathon time for Slinky, RRC, Tower of Terror, and TSM!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin--

How many ride vehicle groups of 8 are there in the ride? I would imagine bare bones would have to be 4 cycles, meaning 32 RVs, one cycling in to load from buffer queue, one cycling onto the track from load areas, one cycling from the show to unload, and one in the buffer queue. But I can see where load/unload delays can lead to cascading failure due to supply/demand mismatch if the buffer is too small.

Anything you can say?
Perhaps someone will have the answer; I’m awaiting hopefully some more info.

disneygeek90

Very close to the record pace on 12/31. Obviously, they had several more hours to work with then.
7547D41E-C5E8-4E27-946C-9AE4325F2306.jpeg

Viget

Perhaps someone will have the answer; I’m awaiting hopefully some more info.

Ok, good to know. I have suspicions about this, and I noticed that cast members got very evasive about certain questions I had after having ridden it twice this past weekend. Please let us know if you learn more, if you're allowed to say.

Kamikaze

Based on the fact that I got BG 13 and had to reload app 3 times and 2 families next to me got 10, I’m hypothesizing that they allotted more people per BG, meaning they needed less BG in general. Also, I’m thinking they are getting a higher hourly capacity ironed out.

And as of 10:30 they are already at 58, means barring something crazy they will blow through everything.

These two things don't go together. They can't put more people in a BG and get through them faster. Willing to bet BGs are still 100.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom