News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

Very interested to see how inflated the times are. My favorite part about standbys is that once I get a "gauge" on where I was one time and about how long I actually waited, I can use that instead of their posted lines assuming everything is moving at a good pace. Of course, LL will probably make whatever waits there are the next two weeks longer once rolled out.

KevinPage

Shall we keep this thread going as an update thread for standby?
96B21A2F-DC18-488A-9CB1-ACAB5B9C25F1.gif

KevinPage

And as a reminder:

- Disney has always inflated wait times (simple under promise over deliver strategy)
- Lightning Lane gives them a reason to “lie” with surge pricing going into effect

Like @disneygeek90 stated, we all can keep track of when/where we entered line and time it to give everyone here a real world reference going forward.

Or leave it to @lentesta to just tell us 🤩😂🤩

RoadiJeff

So, with this new procedure will someone be able to do the experience multiple times per day now or does Disney "register" people at some point before they enter the attraction so it can still be kept at once per day?

Darth Snips

167 is the last group of the night, called just after 8pm (10 groups more than yesterday).

Starting tomorrow, Rise will transition to a traditional standby queue.
I know I'm a little late, but thanks for all your hard work, @DCBaker! I genuinely thought you had a bot posting these updates for a while. We all salute you!

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    366.1 KB · Views: 75

Hawkeye_2018

To me, this is one of those rides that you really need to experience at least once. But, it loses a lot of the WOW on a re-ride and really on the lower end of most re-rideable attractions in WDW.

CntrlFlPete

The TouringPlans Lines app is projecting an actual wait time peak of 82 minutes (assuming no downtime, I believe). Given the recent crowd levels, I think I am inclined to think that is about the right ballpark.
View attachment 588639

If this is the case, the posted wait should peak around 120 minutes.

I looked at the chart and wondered if 11 AM would be a good time (not that I ran over there or anything)

But then what I quoted here was just after 11 AM having a 15 minute wait (posted 80)... just wanted to say great job on the #'s there!!

They're reallllly exaggerating the wait

RoadiJeff

If you're a resort guest, Rise has been added to the Early Entry attractions list for DHS -

Thanks for the warning. If/when I go in a few weeks I will find out which days have early entry for HS and go to a different park on those days so I will have an equal chance as everyone else for ROTR when I do visit HS. I'm staying off property for a fraction of the cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom