• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Touchdown

But are they using all their transports? That is the question.
You would assume, by my rough calculations, 1458 riders/8 riders per vehicle/10 cycles per hour (ride is 5ish minutes in length, 6 is a round number)=18 vehicles, which feels right given there are 4 loading bays (2 vehicles each,) usually 4 cars in unloading, leaving 3 groups of two to be cycling the ride (load to lift, lift to escape pod, escape pod to unload.) I’m guessing a max of 20 on the ride without stacking?

lentesta

I can’t believe they didn’t design it to do so, again, it’s such poor planning. Boarding Groups cannot continue indefinitely.

I think the boarding groups are there because of the popularity and unreliability. Remember Bob Chapek said 10-hour lines are failures, so DHS can't have 10-hour lines for Rise. And without FastPass, we'd have standby lines that long. We can't have FastPass (even if it was running) because the ride's not reliable.

Touchdown

I think the boarding groups are there because of the popularity and unreliability. Remember Bob Chapek said 10-hour lines are failures, so DHS can't have 10-hour lines for Rise. And without FastPass, we'd have standby lines that long. We can't have FastPass (even if it was running) because the ride's not reliable.
I don’t think they would be 10 hour lines anymore, 2-4 hours absolutely but 10 doubt it. Of course that queue holds 90 min tops which is why Disney isn’t letting it happen, but again poor planning.

DLR>WDW

Quick question—does having multiple people in your party attempt to get a boarding group add or subtract to your chances at getting a pass at all?

AL2000HS

You would assume, by my rough calculations, 1458 riders/8 riders per vehicle/10 cycles per hour (ride is 5ish minutes in length, 6 is a round number)=18 vehicles, which feels right given there are 4 loading bays (2 vehicles each,) usually 4 cars in unloading, leaving 3 groups of two to be cycling the ride (load to lift, lift to escape pod, escape pod to unload.) I’m guessing a max of 20 on the ride without stacking?
If those calculations are correct that's looooow. I know when we originally opened in CA we started with 26 then eventually 28. They were behind in FL with staying at 24 to 26. We are somewhere now 32 to 34.

AL2000HS

I don’t think they would be 10 hour lines anymore, 2-4 hours absolutely but 10 doubt it. Of course that queue holds 90 min tops which is why Disney isn’t letting it happen, but again poor planning.
I don't know about FL I know in CA it can hold 60 min tops. Not including extended lines. And it's possible for up towards 10 if you include multiple downtimes

AL2000HS

Popularity definitely. I still think they saw the madness of FoP and were like nope. We have to do something to alleviate the crowding.

AL2000HS

Wow, can’t believe that ride can’t crack 2,000. They should have added another row onto each transport.
The problem with that as another poster said. If they added another row the design of the ride wouldn't be as intimate. The whole entire ride would have needed to be much much bigger. Everything from the preshows all the way up to the show scenes.

brifraz

7am slots filled in about ~8 seconds.

Yup. We are at Saratoga Springs and neither the cell service nor the wifi are really good at our room. Clicked right at 7:00:00, but got the spinning wheel (of death) for about 7 seconds and then no dice. I know what we are doing at 1pm. Funny how this is the first time we haven't gotten one - 3 successes at Christmas 2019, 4 last July, 1 last November, 1 in March, but not today.:(

G00fyDad

On both of our DHS days I am going to get up early in the morning and run a speed test in mutiple locations on both wifi and cell data. And I don't care if I have to stand on top of a building with one leg in the air while spinning around. If it gets me the best speed then that is where I will be standing at 7am to try for a BG. :D

Last edited:

KevinPage

BG 52 yesterday

- ITS floor rumble/sway NOT there, only felt the slight turntable rotation movement
- Probe Droid still just sitting there, doesn’t descend/drop into place
- Probe Droid laser not working
- Front view. Elevator light saber element completely missing, R5 obviously doesn’t react as nothing happens, you just exit elevator to enter cannon room. I asked people in the car behind us if they had the effect and they did, so appeared to just be the left elevator/front view having the issue.
- First cannon working/moving. 2/3 still not moving

Timing between all preshows/ride/exit were swift and efficient. Feels like they have this flow down pat 🤩

*Note* next DHS visit is 8/07. 😢 me a river, I ❤️ the pity 🤩😂🤩

Last edited:

gerarar

Not sure if anyone saw this, but apparently DL’s ROTR reached BG 300+ yesterday!!
B8CB35F9-6958-4A11-B06D-79FF18AB01FB.jpeg

Just for reference, DL is open from 9am to 9pm and HS is open from 9am to 8pm, yet it struggles to reach BG 200 on a good day.

Of course the BG size could be different in both parks, but still!!

Edit: BlogMickey posted an article about the feat yesterday:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom