Star Wars Rise of the Resistance question...

retroeric

Original Poster
I understand the CA version of Ride of the Resistance is opening a couple months after Galaxy's Edge opens. Are they doing this so that both CA and FL versions open at the same time? Or will the FL version also open a couple months after their Galaxy Edge opens?

justintheharris

I understand the CA version of Ride of the Resistance is opening a couple months after Galaxy's Edge opens. Are they doing this so that both CA and FL versions open at the same time? Or will the FL version also open a couple months after their Galaxy Edge opens?
When I heard that Rise of the Resistance would not open with the lands initially at BOTH parks, that was my instinctive thought that Disney wanted both to debut at the same time.. perhaps in hopes that everyone would go to their respective coasts instead of going to whichever one opens first? (I know plenty of people around here in Orlando that are going to Disneyland May 31st). I am no insider by any means but if I had to guess, I would say Disney would like to debut both at the same time. But perhaps a true insider has more insight?

nickys

Premium Member

RotR at WDW will also open after the rest of the land opens.

Whether both versions will open together..... open to question. That would be a significant delay for DL though, so my guess would be they will open separately. I’m sure there have been hints that WDW’s will open at the time the land was originally planned to open, around the end of October / early November perhaps?

Minnie1986

Please forgive me for being late to the party but what is being opened in August and what is being opened later this year (for WDW). I’m planning a trip for November so I’m trying to get a handle on what’s going on. The child I’m taking is a big Star Wars fan.

Last edited:

justintheharris

Please forgive me for being late to the party but is what is being opened in August and what is being opened later this year (for WDW). I’m planning a trip for November so I’m trying to get a handle on what’s going on. The child I’m taking is a big Star Wars fan.
Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run will certainly be open. The other attraction, Rise of the Resistance, does not have an opening date but we all expect it to open in November or October

Minnie1986

Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run will certainly be open. The other attraction, Rise of the Resistance, does not have an opening date but we all expect it to open in November or October
Thank you! And the rest of the “land” is being debuted this summer or at the TBD date in the fall?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom