News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

I had a second boarding group of 92 but now the app is saying I’m not in a group.
Did anyone else with a second boarding group for today get removed?

I have 92 as well and just checked, still there

E0F89DE6-A4CF-4984-8F9B-6E1A68E57BD4.png

KevinPage

I bounced to MK, which seems pretty busy, but I had FP booked previously, so we’ll see if I have the energy to make it back for whenever 92 is due

ds6104

Hello everyone. Long time reader, first time poster. Quick question. Anybody have experience with parking this morning? What time did they open the parking lot? How does Uber/Lyft drop off work in the morning? Thanks in advance!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
How is this supposed to work tomorrow with the EMH?? I’m sure people will be lining up at 4am like they have been. Is the RotR even going ti be available for EMH or will it be a mad rush at 8am to grab a boarding pass?
The attraction per Disney will not be participating in EMH . They haven't stated when boarding group distribution would start for the day.

Kman101

And with that, are folks still wondering why some of us have a problem with how they're handling the opening of the park every day? Even they don't know what they're doing. But the reality is, they have cast scheduled and in place for a 6am opening. They really set themselves up for these problems don't they? Maybe it's ultimately better I haven't been able to ride yet. I'm at the point where I just want to wait for them to figure this all out.

VaderTron

It does sound like the opening time really can vary then, if it is related to safety and crowding.

But clearly they did plan for this... so might as well just say "Park opens at 6" As now everyone is planning for that....

If they say "Park opens at 6" people would just come earlier. If they are coming at 4am now they will just try to camp out at 1am or something ridiculous.

I get what Disney is saying about this being a safety hazard, having cars backed up onto the road. However, their narrative that they must let the people in is just a cover story. Airports have the same issue at guest pick-up. Cars quickly back up and create a safety issue and block others from accessing their passengers. What is their solution? They have one or two safety officers out directing idling cars to keep moving. If Disney wanted to they could post signs that you cannot wait at the parking lot and have a couple of parking attendants force people to keep moving toward the exit and circle back when they open. However, that's not what Disney wants. They want the people to come in early. By booking all of the boarding groups early that means some people will be lingering all day, some more than 12 hours, in the same park. Others, who arrive and try to book a boarding group find they are full after they have already scanned their ticket to get in. Unless they have a park hopper or an AP they are stuck in the park because they have locked themselves into that park for the day. That means a larger number of guests occupying the park at the same time. Since boarding groups allow guests to go on other rides and take up FP's while waiting (essentially being in as many as 3 lines at the same time, boarding group, FP, and standby line), this larger crowd occupies even more queue space than normal. All of these resulting effects ultimately lead to larger than normal numbers of guests spending more time in restaurants, getting food from quick service stations, buying drinks or snacks, and shopping/purchasing merchandise. That's the real goal here: Increased cash reaping from the peasants of Disney kingdom. It's a genius business plan if you don't mind slimy sales tactics.

Last edited:

VaderTron

From the reports posted so far I would guess a late January/February visit might be a bit more enjoyable. But if waiting that long it might be better to wait till Mikey's ride opens in March.

It sounds like Rise is great when it runs properly. If I can just get this bitter taste out of my mouth from Disney's park management I would love to ride it for myself.

...We'll see. :rolleyes:

YodaMan

I get that... But it didn't have massive crowds lining up at 5 AM beyond day 1, did it?

No, but you have to remember that Falcon also had a full month of previews for cast members and their guests and passholders and their guests. That’s a biggg chunk of people that had already ridden by the time the ride had its “grand opening.” Plus it had been open in CA for months as well. A lot of demand had already been bled off.

VaderTron

I would think a lottery system in which every day you can put your group in for a chance "to board" seven days later with a portion set aside for resort guests that can put in for the lottery two days advance. If you "win" you receive a time to show up. Winners blacked out from winning again for a month.

Resort guest have access to the seven day and two day lotteries. Locals have access to the seven day lottery year round.

Not totally perfect, but very fair.

No problem of gate rushers trying to beat everyone else so they can ride. No promises to be broken about opening time. No need to open early unexpectedly. No system of "to the hardy go the spoils."
They would never do this. It would cut deeply into the extra profits that come with a crush of guests rushing into the park, more guests than can fit on the ride. The food, drink, merch profits are way too high. This strategy would be financially foolish.

Sivako

Taking my boys Monday and Tuesday; last days of our Annual Passes. Suggestions for getting a boarding group? Show up at 6 am? Also, anyone know how their handling disability passes for this ride? Are they using a passholder line for park entry?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom