News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Not a bad morning when you can get a boarding pass on the way to the airport,
land at MCO, get to DHS at 11:30, ride Star Tours, see Muppets, get lunch, walk on to Smugglers Run through single rider, then walk out just as your boarding group is called.
View attachment 585442
I have to say, Smuggler's Run is one attraction where I don't see the appeal of single rider at all. The whole fun of the attraction to me is playing with your family and friends. I won't ride it with less than 4 anymore.

Witchy Chick

I have to say, Smuggler's Run is one attraction where I don't see the appeal of single rider at all. The whole fun of the attraction to me is playing with your family and friends. I won't ride it with less than 4 anymore.

i just returned from a (haha) Solo trip. Did Smugglers Run single rider line two times. I was blessed to be joined in with two great groups. First was a party of 5, and we had a blast. Second was a party of four, also hilarious times with their girlfriends piloting horribly while the dudes were gunners. It was a fun time with the pilots screaming and panicking every time they crashed into something.

The only personal draw back to single rider line is, I could see one being stuck with “engineer” position each time (as I was both times I rode as single rider).

DCBaker

Premium Member
My screen flow was different today than all the other times I did this. I don’t know if it was because I got an AP yesterday afternoon or if there has been a change. I was able to confirm my party prior to 7 and refresh that page with a refresh button that changed to Join Group right at 7.
Something was very weird with the app this morning. It kept wanting me to confirm my party before trying to join a group, and kept giving me error messages when I confirmed the party. Looks like we’ll try again at 1p

Sounds like this was turned on today -

I don't think I'm cut out for this YouTube thing. Anyway, here's what happens in the app now when the getQueues API response has "isAcceptingJoins" set to false but "isAcceptingPartyCreation" set to true.

Kamikaze

It’s just like the old days (December 2019). Those were the days where BGs were open in the morning for hours. :)
This wasn't a thing. The ride opened in December 2019 and that was when the system was done completely differently - you could get the BG as soon as you scanned your ticket into the park. The BGs were always full before the park even officially opened for the day, as you had lines to enter the park starting at 5 am.

gerarar

Premium Member
This wasn't a thing. The ride opened in December 2019 and that was when the system was done completely differently - you could get the BG as soon as you scanned your ticket into the park. The BGs were always full before the park even officially opened for the day, as you had lines to enter the park starting at 5 am.
Ah, you’re referencing the first iteration of the BG distribution. That was changed a couple days later to park opening.

I was there Christmas week and it would be open for a couple hours. My second attempt I got to the park like 1.5 hrs after park opening and got a backup BG.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom