News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

Rare miss for time this morning. F&F list was dreadfully slow to load. With a couple friends so hopefully we can snag an early-ish 1pm drop.
Thank you Disney IT 🤩😂🤩

A8F271A1-A795-4B49-8853-2512FA925BEF.gif

Notes from Neverland

The 7am window is just laughably difficult to try and secure a boarding pass even if you're well-versed on the tips and tricks. We found the 1pm slot to be a bit easier, but overall the process is maddening.

vikescaper

The 7am window is just laughably difficult to try and secure a boarding pass even if you're well-versed on the tips and tricks. We found the 1pm slot to be a bit easier, but overall the process is maddening.
I still don’t understand why people have difficulties in obtaining a boarding group.

Have they been using the Fastpass line frequently for boarding groups lately? They sent us through it when our group was called a little bit ago. I didn’t mind as we got through the line much faster.

Notes from Neverland

I still don’t understand why people have difficulties in obtaining a boarding group.

Have they been using the Fastpass line frequently for boarding groups lately? They sent us through it when our group was called a little bit ago. I didn’t mind as we got through the line much faster.
Because they vanish in seconds? We tapped 'Join' at the literal first second you could and still missed out multiple times. There was literally nothing more we could do. Demand is just much larger than what the ride can handle.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I mean, having your top ride only available for virtual Queue is fine, but that virtual queue should be available for more that 7 seconds. It should be available to join til at least noon. Hagrids doesn't close their virtual Queue pre-opening.

And the fact that its still like this after 18 months is simply absurd.
Isn’t the problem more with the ride capacity than the queue? If the ride allows 1,500 people an hour to ride and the park is open for 11 hours that 16,500 possible riders but there are more than 16,500 people at DHS each day and pretty much everyone wants to ride so there aren’t enough slots for everyone. If they left the queue open longer wouldn‘t anyone who got in later just get a boarding group that will never get called? One possible solution is to limit guests to 1 boarding group a week. That would shut out locals on APs who go multiple times a week and also limit a guest visiting for a week and spending more than 1 day at DHS from riding more than once on their trip, but it would open slots for more overall people.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Isn’t the problem more with the ride capacity than the queue? If the ride allows 1,500 people an hour to ride and the park is open for 11 hours that 16,500 possible riders but there are more than 16,500 people at DHS each day and pretty much everyone wants to ride so there aren’t enough slots for everyone. If they left the queue open longer wouldn‘t anyone who got in later just get a boarding group that will never get called? One possible solution is to limit guests to 1 boarding group a week. That would shut out locals on APs who go multiple times a week and also limit a guest visiting for a week and spending more than 1 day at DHS from riding more than once on their trip, but it would open slots for more overall people.
Is it ridiculous that the VQs are filled in less than 10 seconds? No doubt.

But here's the deal. If they didn't do them and just opened up a standby line, there would be people who would get in line at park open and not get to ride. And can you imagine the untold amount of Disney would get from people who paid $100+ to stand in line for 10 hours and not ride a single ride?

I'm not excusing the capacity or reliability - Disney absolutely should have built a ride with better reliability and capacity. But we are where we are, and the VQ system is the best that can be done. I absolutely understand the disappointment at not getting a BG. But at least you then get to pivot your plans and get to experience other attractions and shows instead of standing in a line for 10+ hours in 90+ heat and 90+ humidity only to do absolutely nothing for your $100+.

In the Parks
Yes
But here's the deal. If they didn't do them and just opened up a standby line, there would be people who would get in line at park open and not get to ride. And can you imagine the untold amount of **** Disney would get from people who paid $100+ to stand in line for 10 hours and not ride a single ride?
Is this actually true? In order for this to be true, with a pessimistic assumption that Rise can only handle 700 riders an hour (this is taking the lowest hourly capacity number of 1100 that I've found in brief searching and then taking 400 more off to represent a similarly pessimistic estimate of the time it spends broken down), at least 7700 people (assuming 11 operating hours) need to attend Hollywood Studios rope drop and all 7700 of them need to queue for Rise immediately, then queue entrant number 7701 needs to look at the line of 7700 people and decide to get in that line anyway. (This is further assuming that Disney implements the Rise-specific policy of telling everyone still in line at park close to pound sand, rather than simply closing the queue after 7700 people fill it immediately at rope drop in the hypothetical universe where that happens.)

Disney Dad 3000

We got the FP line today too (around 1030) after the regular line on Tuesday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom