News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Twirlnhurl

Curious new addition - "nextScheduledPartyCreationOpenTime":"12:30:00"
My guess is that they are going to give you the option to make a party for the day prior to the Boarding Group window opening. That way, all the trouble with groups not auto-populating correctly (requiring labor intensive guest service recovery or angry guests whose service is never recovered) could be eliminated.

I believe that a paid fastpass replacement will come eventually, but I don't think you would have a window to create your paid party with the way that text is worded. If you paid for fastpass, you wouldn't be creating parties on the fly during the day. They would simply look at who all you paid for instead, right?

My guess is that they are going to give you the option to make a party for the day prior to the Boarding Group window opening. That way, all the trouble with groups not auto-populating correctly (requiring labor intensive guest service recovery or angry guests whose service is never recovered) could be eliminated.

I believe that a paid fastpass replacement will come eventually, but I don't think you would have a window to create your paid party with the way that text is worded. If you paid for fastpass, you wouldn't be creating parties on the fly during the day. They would simply look at who all you paid for instead, right?

I should have included the part from the prior paragraph in that article. It does indicate that at Disneyland Paris you could book a fastpass on the fly and since it may vary in price by demand, there could be specific time windows where it's available.

Known as Premier Access at Disneyland Paris, the system offers direct access to a specific attraction at the next available time window - for a price that is likely to vary depending on demand.

But your comment gave me another idea (this one actually seems more realistic to me at the moment): The party creation time was only 30 minutes before the boarding group release. Maybe we'll have a 30 minute window to sign up our party and submit it and then there will be a random assignment of groups at the designated time (7am or 1pm). Then it will be up to chance as opposed to who has the fastest finger on the fastest phone with the correctly synchronized clock. That probably would be a bummer for most on this board who know what they're doing and have an advantage, but less stressful at least. It also would solve the problem of being on a ride at the precise 7 seconds the boarding groups are available.

ParentsOf4

But your comment gave me another idea (this one actually seems more realistic to me at the moment): The party creation time was only 30 minutes before the boarding group release. Maybe we'll have a 30 minute window to sign up our party and submit it and then there will be a random assignment of groups at the designated time (7am or 1pm). Then it will be up to chance as opposed to who has the fastest finger on the fastest phone with the correctly synchronized clock. That probably would be a bummer for most on this board who know what they're doing and have an advantage, but less stressful at least. It also would solve the problem of being on a ride at the precise 7 seconds the boarding groups are available.
What an interesting idea.

Give everyone with a Park Pass 30 minutes to sign up for ROTR, and then randomly assign Boarding Groups to them. It seems fairer than relying on who has the better technology and faster fingers.

It also would allow Disney to create a weighted algorithm. For example, have you been on the attraction in the last 30 days? Your probability drops.

gmajew

Premium Member
They rushed FL version to open sooner than it was really ready.

The usual downtimes (in CA at least) usually has to do with wifi signals dropping from time to time.
Rushed is fine but that was a long long time ago now…. No excuse to not be perfect by now.

Unbanshee

Tried for a group today for the first time in about a year and didn't get it - first time missing for me. Have the tricks changed or has it gotten harder?

I mean, if you mean that your last attempt was right after the parks returned from COVID closure, yes, the parks are busier than they were last summer and boarding groups are still a PITA

SoFloMagic

I mean, if you mean that your last attempt was right after the parks returned from COVID closure, yes, the parks are busier than they were last summer and boarding groups are still a PITA
It's my first time trying since pre-covid. So I guess it's been more like 18 months.

I haven't really been following along but can't believe they're selling out in 7 seconds still. What a mess.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Tried for a group today for the first time in about a year and didn't get it - first time missing for me. Have the tricks changed or has it gotten harder?

See this below from @disneygeek90 - this is basically the same method we use and it has never failed us. My only additional note is to use time.gov on another device to watch the seconds tick by to hit 7am on the dot.

Here's the Virtual Queue page you should sit on in MDE -

IMG_CAAE330E8EE0-1.jpeg

This is what I do. I pull this screen up at about 6:59:30.

I usually open the app a couple mins before to make sure I'm logged in. I don’t press join virtual queue until I see my clock on my phone strike 7, and then I press it immediately. From there, the join group button is already available. Select it, let the friends and family load, and then tap the join group as fast as possible. While the family and friends are spinning I usually start tapping the bottom as I know where the button will be.

iowamomof4

One other thing to note: in recent practices, no one (including myself) has been pre-selected. I have to pick someone or "select all" to be able to click the join button. When you have valid park admission and a park reservation, your party will be pre-selected as always.

SoFloMagic

See this below from @disneygeek90 - this is basically the same method we use and it has never failed us. My only additional note is to use time.gov on another device to watch the seconds tick by to hit 7am on the dot.

Here's the Virtual Queue page you should sit on in MDE -

IMG_CAAE330E8EE0-1.jpeg
Thanks. That's slightly different from what I remember from a year and a half ago...and it may make all the difference! I appreciate you digging that up!

TimeTrip

Definitely having the ride running smoothly helps the windows! So abysmal lately!

I've a friend going next week. It's been said that multiple phones can be used to try for reservations concurrently. Does each member of the party log in independently or would/could they use the same login?

Thanks!
When I did it.. I had both tickets on my MDE account. Then I logged into MDE on the 2nd phone with my credentials. I couldn't add my ticket to be "controlled" via another account.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom