News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
At 1pm we got group 155 (about 1:04pm actually got it). Almost 4pm and they are not at group 100 yet so I’m not feeling good about it. Plus we’ve got 8:30 dinner at Morimoto’s, so... until next time.

FRD714

1pm window has been open for more than ~10 minutes - at 1pm, groups were called up to 58 (7 groups less than yesterday).

ETA - the window closed in just under ~11 minutes and 45 seconds.
Why is the 1pm window open for so long lately? Demand not high anymore for the afternoon or capacity increase? Been a while since I’ve payed attention to this thread.

gerarar

Premium Member
Why is the 1pm window open for so long lately? Demand not high anymore for the afternoon or capacity increase? Been a while since I’ve payed attention to this thread.
My theory is that they release more BGs now that capacity increased (no plexiglass and filling rows up and combined parties)

RSoxNo1

Not sure if anyone saw this, but apparently DL’s ROTR reached BG 300+ yesterday!!
View attachment 564908

Just for reference, DL is open from 9am to 9pm and HS is open from 9am to 8pm, yet it struggles to reach BG 200 on a good day.

Of course the BG size could be different in both parks, but still!!

Edit: BlogMickey posted an article about the feat yesterday:

I think it is mighty presumptuous to assume that the boarding group sizes are the same on both coasts.

It will be interesting to see how long the 1pm boarding groups last today. Park is WAY more full than it was last Friday. They must have significantly increased park capacity this week… all lines are insanely long and it’s hard to even walk around in some places.

pdude81

I am going to buy a day of roaming for Internet instead of using the wifi when we go. Will I have a better shot at getting a BG using actual data vs wifi?
I think that WDW wifi gets crushed at 7am so I would not want to trust that at crunch time. Others have had success but when it gets a few minutes before 7 I noticed major slowdowns

disneygeek90

BG 52 yesterday

- ITS floor rumble/sway NOT there, only felt the slight turntable rotation movement
- Probe Droid still just sitting there, doesn’t descend/drop into place
- Probe Droid laser not working
- Front view. Elevator light saber element completely missing, R5 obviously doesn’t react as nothing happens, you just exit elevator to enter cannon room. I asked people in the car behind us if they had the effect and they did, so appeared to just be the left elevator/front view having the issue.
- First cannon working/moving. 2/3 still not moving

Timing between all preshows/ride/exit were swift and efficient. Feels like they have this flow down pat 🤩

*Note* next DHS visit is 8/07. 😢 me a river, I ❤️ the pity 🤩😂🤩
8/7? I got plenty of time to catch up.

I am going to buy a day of roaming for Internet instead of using the wifi when we go. Will I have a better shot at getting a BG using actual data vs wifi?
I walked all around our resort (Pop Century) and I couldn’t find anywhere with a good cell signal using my Verizon phone. The WiFi seemed the same everywhere I tested it (around 28 Mbps download at best). I tried twice in the morning but was unsuccessful due to my friends and family taking a good 7 or 8 seconds to load.

In the park I went to the animation courtyard at 1pm both days and got a solid 60 Mbps using the WiFi and scored boarding groups (84 & 85). May the force be with you!

G00fyDad

I will have my son up on his phone at 7am with me trying. I will have him try on the Wi-Fi and I will use cell data. ;) Hopefully I get one for the evening on our first day as I am driving right to DHS after we get off the plane so I can be in the park before 1pm. If I do score an afternoon BG on day one then all will be right with the world and if I do not get a 7am BG on the first full DHS day for us then no big deal. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom