News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1,088 riders between 10:50 AM and 11:50 AM. I think 15 boarding groups? Someone correct me if that BG count is wrong.

ETA: Pre-pandemic and at Disneyland, we thought there were around 150 people per boarding group.

11:50 -- BG 45
10:50 -- BG 31

That's 15 BGs, inclusive.

That's 72.5 per BG.

They might have called 100 per BG but filled only 72.5% of the seats.

1624121284805.png

Touchdown

But are they using all their transports? That is the question.
You would assume, by my rough calculations, 1458 riders/8 riders per vehicle/10 cycles per hour (ride is 5ish minutes in length, 6 is a round number)=18 vehicles, which feels right given there are 4 loading bays (2 vehicles each,) usually 4 cars in unloading, leaving 3 groups of two to be cycling the ride (load to lift, lift to escape pod, escape pod to unload.) I’m guessing a max of 20 on the ride without stacking?

lentesta

Premium Member
I can’t believe they didn’t design it to do so, again, it’s such poor planning. Boarding Groups cannot continue indefinitely.

I think the boarding groups are there because of the popularity and unreliability. Remember Bob Chapek said 10-hour lines are failures, so DHS can't have 10-hour lines for Rise. And without FastPass, we'd have standby lines that long. We can't have FastPass (even if it was running) because the ride's not reliable.

Touchdown

I think the boarding groups are there because of the popularity and unreliability. Remember Bob Chapek said 10-hour lines are failures, so DHS can't have 10-hour lines for Rise. And without FastPass, we'd have standby lines that long. We can't have FastPass (even if it was running) because the ride's not reliable.
I don’t think they would be 10 hour lines anymore, 2-4 hours absolutely but 10 doubt it. Of course that queue holds 90 min tops which is why Disney isn’t letting it happen, but again poor planning.

DLR>WDW

Quick question—does having multiple people in your party attempt to get a boarding group add or subtract to your chances at getting a pass at all?

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
7am slots filled in about ~8 seconds.

Yup. We are at Saratoga Springs and neither the cell service nor the wifi are really good at our room. Clicked right at 7:00:00, but got the spinning wheel (of death) for about 7 seconds and then no dice. I know what we are doing at 1pm. Funny how this is the first time we haven't gotten one - 3 successes at Christmas 2019, 4 last July, 1 last November, 1 in March, but not today.:(

G00fyDad

On both of our DHS days I am going to get up early in the morning and run a speed test in mutiple locations on both wifi and cell data. And I don't care if I have to stand on top of a building with one leg in the air while spinning around. If it gets me the best speed then that is where I will be standing at 7am to try for a BG. :D

Last edited:

KevinPage

BG 52 yesterday

- ITS floor rumble/sway NOT there, only felt the slight turntable rotation movement
- Probe Droid still just sitting there, doesn’t descend/drop into place
- Probe Droid laser not working
- Front view. Elevator light saber element completely missing, R5 obviously doesn’t react as nothing happens, you just exit elevator to enter cannon room. I asked people in the car behind us if they had the effect and they did, so appeared to just be the left elevator/front view having the issue.
- First cannon working/moving. 2/3 still not moving

Timing between all preshows/ride/exit were swift and efficient. Feels like they have this flow down pat 🤩

*Note* next DHS visit is 8/07. 😢 me a river, I ❤️ the pity 🤩😂🤩

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Not sure if anyone saw this, but apparently DL’s ROTR reached BG 300+ yesterday!!
B8CB35F9-6958-4A11-B06D-79FF18AB01FB.jpeg

Just for reference, DL is open from 9am to 9pm and HS is open from 9am to 8pm, yet it struggles to reach BG 200 on a good day.

Of course the BG size could be different in both parks, but still!!

Edit: BlogMickey posted an article about the feat yesterday:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom