News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

DCBaker

Premium Member
Going in a week to HS. What page on this thread has the best current tips

See this from @disneygeek90 - my only additional note is to use time.gov on another device to watch the seconds tick by to hit 7am on the dot.

This is what I do. I pull this screen up at about 6:59:30.

View attachment 549361
I usually open the app a couple mins before to make sure I'm logged in. I don’t press join virtual queue until I see my clock on my phone strike 7, and then I press it immediately. From there, the join group button is already available. Select it, let the friends and family load, and then tap the join group as fast as possible. While the family and friends are spinning I usually start tapping the bottom as I know where the button will be.

jinx8402

For the love of god. I keep forgetting to practice. Got an alarm and everything.
I practiced today, and failed. It took too long to load my family and friends list. Of course, summer discounts dropped today and things are super slow today on the website. Wonder if that had any impact on the performance.

disneygeek90

I practiced today, and failed. It took too long to load my family and friends list. Of course, summer discounts dropped today and things are super slow today on the website. Wonder if that had any impact on the performance.
If your list is large, consider trimming it up a bit. I shaved off some people that I rarely/haven't traveled with in a few years.

Joel

List only has 9 other people, and we all are going to HS together on our upcoming trip. No fat to trim, unfortunately.
I only have three other people in my list and it's still occasionally slow or, even worse, throws a random error. Not much you can do about it except to have multiple people in your party doing it so at least one of you gets through.

They should either let you select your party before the queue opens or remove the party selection screen altogether. It's just a needless point of failure right now.

I only have three other people in my list and it's still occasionally slow or, even worse, throws a random error. Not much you can do about it except to have multiple people in your party doing it so at least one of you gets through.

They should either let you select your party before the queue opens or remove the party selection screen altogether. It's just a needless point of failure right now.
For those who say they must do ROTR, aside from all the other tech suggestions, adding more DHS days with a park hopper is the way to do it. Swap out epcot days for DHS and then using the park hopper to go to epcot, since that is open late.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom