News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

EPCOT-O.G.

So, interesting story. Back in September, I accidentally stumbled across a method to ride RotR multiple times in one day. And yes, this was while Boarding Groups were being used. And no, not with Club 33 or Golden Oaks FPs. I’m not going to describe what happened, lest it is still possible.

I was kinda giddy at the time, but soon the rule follower in me felt guilty. So I left feedback with CMs and, I believe, an area leader, describing what happened, in hopes that they would fix this issue.
You can go ahead and DM me this info. I want to make sure it gets to the necessary people.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Did my first test run this morning for my trip later this week and ran into a challenge. I clicked Join right on time but my family wasn’t pre-populated. I clicked Select All. But, one of my kids is not going with us on this trip. So, when I went to Select All in the family, he was selected. I then clicked to remove him and by then I was too late.

I am assuming if I just select all, it will error out on my because my son who is not on the trip does not have a park pass.

So, assuming this happens when it’s for real, what are my options?

1. Just pray I’m fast enough?
2. Just select my name and skip the family and then pray that my kids can make sad enough puppy dog eyes that a CM is gracious enough to let us all ride?
3. Call Disney and have my son removed from our MDE entirely?
4. Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

The day of your park reservation, the system will automatically choose all of your friends/family who have park reservations that day. I refreshed constantly starting at 6:59am and got BG’s 18 and 22 last month on our trip, my first time both getting the boarding groups and experiencing the ride. It was a lot of refresh refresh refresh refresh followed extremely quickly by Join and Confirm (I think).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Kind of curious if RotR is reliable enough to get off BGs. AFAIK boarding groups were put in place as a way to prevent dumping 4+ hours a day multiple times. Although I'm now wondering if there is a social distancing argument to having boarding groups so DHS doesn't get swarmed an hour before opening of people wanting to ride without waiting in a 4 hour line.

Honest answer - I’m not really sure. I do know they’d have to limit the lines if they went away from BG’s right now, because the waits would be immense and so long the line could snake out the front of the park!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Kind of curious if RotR is reliable enough to get off BGs. AFAIK boarding groups were put in place as a way to prevent dumping 4+ hours a day multiple times. Although I'm now wondering if there is a social distancing argument to having boarding groups so DHS doesn't get swarmed an hour before opening of people wanting to ride without waiting in a 4 hour line.
Boarding groups were seen as a better method than standby and fastpass, not as a solution to reliability issues.

oskeres

Quick question. I’m looking at trying to get a boarding pass for this Thursday. However, we’re hoping to get a boarding time after 2pm.

Does anyone have advice on how to get a later time? Is it pretty much only the 1pm window?

gerarar

Premium Member
Quick question. I’m looking at trying to get a boarding pass for this Thursday. However, we’re hoping to get a boarding time after 2pm.

Does anyone have advice on how to get a later time? Is it pretty much only the 1pm window?
The only way to get a boarding pass is if you have a park reservation for HS and successfully get a BG at the 7am or 1pm VQ drop.
In your case, the 1pm would be your best bet.

You are not able to get a BG by simply park-hopping to HS as this (2pm) occurs after the 1pm drop.

TTLUTS

I would try at the 7am window and see if you can get a BG to begin with. Chances go down by 50%+ if you wait until 1pm to try and get one. If you get a BG and it happens to be an early number, ask a Cast Member if theres any way to switch it to a later BG number

oskeres

The only way to get a boarding pass is if you have a park reservation for HS and successfully get a BG at the 7am or 1pm VQ drop.
In your case, the 1pm would be your best bet.

You are not able to get a BG by simply park-hopping to HS as this (2pm) occurs after the 1pm drop.
Sounds great. So is that meaning the 7am window for boarding groups generally only has boarding groups from between about 9am-2pm return times?

disneygeek90

Looks like they had technical issues today as I was getting a “not in park” message for a good minute and a half.
Oops. That's at least the second time that's happened over the past month.
Sounds great. So is that meaning the 7am window for boarding groups generally only has boarding groups from between about 9am-2pm return times?
Assuming there are no long breakdowns, pretty much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom