News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Animaniac93-98

1pm slots filled in roughly ~60 seconds

Just reading stuff like this, or the description of how to get one in the Unofficial Guide to WDW, makes me stressed.

It'll probably be years before I go on this ride at either DHS or Disneyland because of the boarding group-only situation.

NelleBelle

Tried to score passes this morning and nearly got them but it auto populates my DH(who is not with us this trip) and gave the “uh-oh, somethings wrong” message. In my haste to take a screen shot to show them their system sucks, I hit the wrong button 🤦‍♀️🤬 Guess I’m trying at 1pm or trying on our 2nd DHS day! Thanks for all the tips! They worked (will take all my all my friends and family off next time)!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I will never have as many total rides as either of you, but I bet we are tied for the most rides on opening day... ONE 😁
Maybe some time in the future when DHS has an after-hours upcharge event you can catch up.

I've ridden FoP 7-9 times in a row the two evenings I was at DAK's after-hours.

TeddyinMO

Did my first test run this morning for my trip later this week and ran into a challenge. I clicked Join right on time but my family wasn’t pre-populated. I clicked Select All. But, one of my kids is not going with us on this trip. So, when I went to Select All in the family, he was selected. I then clicked to remove him and by then I was too late.

I am assuming if I just select all, it will error out on my because my son who is not on the trip does not have a park pass.

So, assuming this happens when it’s for real, what are my options?

1. Just pray I’m fast enough?
2. Just select my name and skip the family and then pray that my kids can make sad enough puppy dog eyes that a CM is gracious enough to let us all ride?
3. Call Disney and have my son removed from our MDE entirely?
4. Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

FRD714

Did my first test run this morning for my trip later this week and ran into a challenge. I clicked Join right on time but my family wasn’t pre-populated. I clicked Select All. But, one of my kids is not going with us on this trip. So, when I went to Select All in the family, he was selected. I then clicked to remove him and by then I was too late.

I am assuming if I just select all, it will error out on my because my son who is not on the trip does not have a park pass.

2. Just select my name and skip the family and then pray that my kids can make sad enough puppy dog eyes that a CM is gracious enough to let us all ride?
4. Any other ideas?
Anyone who has a park reservation will be auto selected. Do not take the time to select anyone on the list just press join as soon as you can. If someone were to be left out and they have a reservation you can just go to guest relations and have them added.

I have not heard of any issues with someone being auto selected that does not have a park reservation. That would definitely cause you to not get a boarding group.

TTLUTS

4. Any other ideas?
Just to be safe, I would call and have anyone not going on your trip removed from your Friends and Family list (we are going this Thursday and I did the same thing)

disneygeek90

4. Any other ideas?
It will choose everyone that only has a reservation when you are actually doing it on the day of. Since none of you had a reservation, the app didn't auto pick anyone. That's part of the reason that they go so fast these days. Originally you did have to select people which slowed the process down. There's no need to take him off unless you're worried about process time but one person won't really make a difference.

Complete worst case and the app glitches, just get a group for yourself and have the rest added by guest experience team later. It shouldn't happen, but once in a while the system could trip up.

Purduevian

Kind of curious if RotR is reliable enough to get off BGs. AFAIK boarding groups were put in place as a way to prevent dumping 4+ hours a day multiple times. Although I'm now wondering if there is a social distancing argument to having boarding groups so DHS doesn't get swarmed an hour before opening of people wanting to ride without waiting in a 4 hour line.

brettf22

Premium Member
Well I got 3 on opening day and 9 total in the first 4 days. But who’s counting? 😂😂😂
So, interesting story. Back in September, I accidentally stumbled across a method to ride RotR multiple times in one day. And yes, this was while Boarding Groups were being used. And no, not with Club 33 or Golden Oaks FPs. I’m not going to describe what happened, lest it is still possible.

I was kinda giddy at the time, but soon the rule follower in me felt guilty. So I left feedback with CMs and, I believe, an area leader, describing what happened, in hopes that they would fix this issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom