News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

JohnByers

Which is still BS, I’m sorry I think this system is just ridiculous since I’ve never once in three damn trips been able to get a boarding pass and I’ve followed every so called “trick” in the book. I’m obviously going to try at 1pm but I’m quite discouraged and am convinced that the ride will be 10 years old before I will ever get on it 🤬

jt04

Which is still BS, I’m sorry I think this system is just ridiculous since I’ve never once in three damn trips been able to get a boarding pass and I’ve followed every so called “trick” in the book. I’m obviously going to try at 1pm but I’m quite discouraged and am convinced that the ride will be 10 years old before I will ever get on it 🤬

Adding hard ticket options in either the evening or very early in the morning would help meet demand but I'm not sure how much maintenance the ride requires or even if they can run longer hours.

One other idea is to lock out guest reservations for 7 days or longer (whatever it takes to make the system reasonable) who are also not staying on property after securing a reservation.

Last edited:

jt04

There is one other strategery that would work and I have mentioned before.

Create BG's for Tron, GotG, FoP and RotR once all four attractions are operating. Then allow one BG per guest, per day. I got push back when I suggested this before so that confirms this is a workable solution and would be quite effective.💡

nickys

Premium Member

Create BG's for Tron, GotG, FoP and RotR once all four attractions are operating. Then allow one BG per guest, per day. I got push back when I suggested this before so that confirms this is a workable solution and would be quite effective.💡
Can you please explain how this would work to limit demand? All 4 rides are in different parks. Therefore there is no “diluting” of demand by using BGs for them all.

Under the FP+ system you could not have pre-booked an FP for more than one of those on any day. FPs for FoP were still very hard to snag until day 3 or 4 of an onsite stay.

Even if you pre-book one of the parks as you currently have to, the BGs for each would all go as quickly as they do for RotR now.

It’s difficult to see how that would help meet demand.

jt04

Can you please explain how this would work to limit demand? All 4 rides are in different parks. Therefore there is no “diluting” of demand by using BGs for them all.

Under the FP+ system you could not have pre-booked an FP for more than one of those on any day. FPs for FoP were still very hard to snag until day 3 or 4 of an onsite stay.

Even if you pre-book one of the parks as you currently have to, the BGs for each would all go as quickly as they do for RotR now.

It’s difficult to see how that would help meet demand.

A certain percentage of guests would be compelled to choose something other than Rise which I suspect will always be the bottleneck of demand. Even if it only lowered demand by 10-15% on a day to day basis that could make all the difference in tipping the scales.

The newness of Tron and Guardians will also help. Every little factor can add up.

This doesn't mean Rise won't be at capacity everyday. It just makes it possible to ensure those most motivated to experience the attraction will have that opportunity.

IMO.

nickys

Premium Member
A certain percentage of guests would be compelled to choose something other than Rise which I suspect will always be the bottleneck of demand. Even if it only lowered demand by 10-15% on a day to day basis that could make all the difference in tipping the scales.

The newness of Tron and Guardians will also help. Every little factor can add up.

This doesn't mean Rise won't be at capacity everyday. It just makes it possible to ensure those most motivated to experience the attraction will have that opportunity.

IMO.
How would guests going to DHS be compelled to choose something else? The other rides you mention are in different parks. If they are already booked to go to DHS, most of them will want to ride Rise - just like they do now.

Chet Dakota

Didn't get one this morning. Going to try again at 1. It's a really terrible feeling when you get to the second screen but can't move to #3.

Same here (Tuesday the 6th). Not sure what happened as I followed all the steps from previous days of success. When it got to the Friends and Family Screen Confirming, the page just spun. When it didn't load after about three seconds, I knew I was done.

Had the same experience on my phone in the Park at the 1pm time. Just spun for me and when it cleared, not all of my party was auto-selected. Luckily, my son was trying too and he grabbed BG 115 for us.

I have been off Disney WiFi and using 5G on my phone. Great success the first two days, not so great on Tuesday.

It all worked out though. Love the ride.

Chet Dakota

How would guests going to DHS be compelled to choose something else? The other rides you mention are in different parks. If they are already booked to go to DHS, most of them will want to ride Rise - just like they do now.
I certainly am no expert or insider, but I imagine that Park Pass Reservations may be here to stay and Tron and Galaxy, and maybe even FoP being added to even it all out, will follow Rise with the VQ model.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Nothing like doubling down on an already bad idea, eh? Nothing has been confirmed or suggest your “idea” is workable. None of the other rides will generate the demand of Rise.

jt04

People will be booking the MK and Epcot more often once Tron, GotG and Rat are open. Again each percentage point directed away from the Studios makes it more likely a guest will be able to secure a BG for Rise.

Having the reservation window open for minutes rather than seconds will make a huge difference.

Basically, BGs at other parks will lower demand at DHS. Especially with guests who have already experienced Rise and will be more motivated to try the newer attractions.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

There’s a few reasons why you got a push back. That wasn’t one of them.

nickys

Premium Member
People will be booking the MK and Epcot more often once Tron, GotG and Rat are open. Again each percentage point directed away from the Studios makes it more likely a guest will be able to secure a BG for Rise.

Having the reservation window open for minutes rather than seconds will make a huge difference.

Basically, BGs at other parks will lower demand at DHS. Especially with guests who have already experienced Rise and will be more motivated to try the newer attractions.
DHS is currently at about 35% capacity. Rise seems to be operating reasonably reliably these days. And still there are people who can’t get BGs. The math(s) doesn’t back your theory.

TTLUTS

This is a terrible idea on so many levels that it doesn’t even deserve a further response. It creates so many more problems than solutions

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom