News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

TikibirdLand

All I'm saying is limit their amounts. They should at least have 10 time per month limits.
I see your point. I don't think that should be an AP limit, in general. The bigger issue is the brittleness of ROTR. If the attraction was more reliable, maybe the throughput could be higher. Some of this is may be the nature of a new ride. FoP at AK was nigh to impossible to get on for at least a couple of years without a FP.

ParentsOf4

I agree in concept. However, they've got annual passes. Why shouldn't any AP holder be able to go every day their pass is eligible?
And why should someone who has paid full price for a ticket and on-site stay get shut out so the local APH goes on the ride for the 40th time?

My suggestion is to spread ROTR access by ticket. For example, the APH (I’m one) gets to ride once per month. Similarly, someone with a 1 to 7 day ticket gets to ride once.

Or ...

Add a tenth of a second delay for each time you have ridden. Ride it 10 times? You get a 1 second delay in getting a Boarding Group. For Annual Pass Holders, this resets every year.

Let’s give those who have never experienced ROTR a chance to experience the greatest theme park attraction ever!

dmw

In the Parks
No
And why should someone who has paid full price for a ticket and on-site stay get shut out so the local APH goes on the ride for the 40th time?

My suggestion is to spread ROTR access by ticket. For example, the APH (I’m one) gets to ride once per month. Similarly, someone with a 1 to 7 day ticket gets to ride once.

Or ...

Add a tenth of a second delay for each time you have ridden. Ride it 10 times? You get a 1 second delay in getting a Boarding Group. For Annual Pass Holders, this resets every year.

Let’s give those who have never experienced ROTR a chance to experience the greatest theme park attraction ever!
IMHO, anyone who pays for a park entry - regardless of cost or frequency of visit - deserves the same chance at a boarding group. With one exception...

I do support a perk for on-site guests that gives them better chances at the BG - that is the one exception to my statement above. Maybe the 7am BG is only for on-site guests, while the 1pm slot is open to all? Or... maybe somehow limit the number of BGs available to guests not staying on-site?

BTW, as s frequent poster here I'm sure you understand there really is no such thing as a full price ticket unless you are buying a one day ticket at the gate. The way I see it, annual passes are just a multi-day ticket on steroids. And, if you insist on using the ticket price criteria, how to you handle the free days Disney is offering? Should those tickets not be allowed to get a BG? And, it really gets confusing when you factor in that the family/friends linked to the person trying for the BG may all have different types of tickets. Nope... ticket price should not be a factor in determining who gets a BG, or faster access to a BG.

TikibirdLand

Groups began being called at 9:12am (1-10). Groups started calling ~32 minutes later than yesterday.
This seems to be the crux of the ROTR problem... The ride is too brittle. Brilliant? Yes, definitely. Brittle and unreliable? Most definitely. Doesn't seem to be getting any better either.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This seems to be the crux of the ROTR problem... The ride is too brittle. Brilliant? Yes, definitely. Brittle and unreliable? Most definitely. Doesn't seem to be getting any better either.
I wonder if they fired the most experienced CMs and Imagineers who could be tweaking how this ride runs...

puckett26

Can someone explain to me why WDW cannot preassign boarding groups to families (specific date and group number) that have booked a minimum number of nights stay at a WDW resort - say 5 night minimum? Assign them 90 days in advance (must be booked 90 days out or you do not get the benefit) along with a park pass for that day so additional plans can be made around the remaining days on site. Require families to accept the reservation (cover rare cases where guests may not want to experience the ride or may not have plans to visit HS). Carve these out of the morning group assigned at 7. Would be a great incentive to encourage people to stay on site since they are eroding the on site advantage recently.

TikibirdLand

Can someone explain to me why WDW cannot preassign boarding groups to families (specific date and group number) that have booked a minimum number of nights stay at a WDW resort - say 5 night minimum? Assign them 90 days in advance (must be booked 90 days out or you do not get the benefit) along with a park pass for that day so additional plans can be made around the remaining days on site. Require families to accept the reservation (cover rare cases where guests may not want to experience the ride or may not have plans to visit HS). Carve these out of the morning group assigned at 7. Would be a great incentive to encourage people to stay on site since they are eroding the on site advantage recently.
I like your idea! Sounds suspiciously like FP though...

brettf22

Premium Member
Can someone explain to me why WDW cannot preassign boarding groups to families (specific date and group number) that have booked a minimum number of nights stay at a WDW resort - say 5 night minimum?
I’m guessing the reason they don’t do something like that is two fold.

First, I’m not sure there is enough capacity to guarantee everybody staying 5+ days would get a ride. I’ve read several hourly capacity figures, which seem to be in the 1600-1700 people/hour range (and less during COVID). How many people staying onsite for 5+ days go to DHS each day? If it’s something like 10k people, then you’d need around 6 hours to get just those folks through. 20k people? You’d need 12 hours. And that assumes no downtime.

Which leads to the second issue. Reliability, while improving, would complicate this even more. They’ve got to factor in time for reliability issues, adding more time set aside for folks staying 5+ days. It would be almost impossible to ride for anybody not staying 5+ days, which I’m guessing would lead to even lower customer satisfaction.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom