News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

25BCC06A-D9E0-483D-8521-83F265C3B6B8.png

venkmen

Can you describe what you did a little more? Did you just sit on the screen without refreshing at exactly 7am? The group availably won't be shown until it hits 7am.
I was on the rise boarding group page, pulled down to refresh the screen 4 seconds before 0700. Never had a join blue button appear only a note that all boarding groups were gone for the day.

we have joined boarding groups last year when you had to be in the park with no problem. I had even gone through the steps earlier this week when we were not here just to practice and always was able to hit join and it would deny since we didn’t have a park reservation that day.

was just curious if there was something I missed or something that would give us a greater chance of success this afternoon.

Thanks

Daniel

jrlbc06

I was on the rise boarding group page, pulled down to refresh the screen 4 seconds before 0700. Never had a join blue button appear only a note that all boarding groups were gone for the day.

we have joined boarding groups last year when you had to be in the park with no problem. I had even gone through the steps earlier this week when we were not here just to practice and always was able to hit join and it would deny since we didn’t have a park reservation that day.

was just curious if there was something I missed or something that would give us a greater chance of success this afternoon.

Thanks

Daniel
Sounds like you refreshed before 7, and not at or after. The button won't show up until after 7.

venkmen

Sounds like you refreshed before 7, and not at or after. The button won't show up until after 7.
Little update. So I cut off the WiFi and just used my Verizon data internet. Refreshed the screen at 12:59:56. Blue join button came up at 1300 - join - boarding group 107

not sure the difference other than the WiFi - which maybe me just looking for a reason other than just chance.

will try again in the morning on Monday

gerarar

Premium Member
So it seems like you can only see the current progress/BGs being called in the MDE app, if you yourself have a BG.

I suspect they changed the api url for it. Someone just needs to scrape the app and/or monitor the network traffic for the new api endpoint.

NelleBelle

Little update. So I cut off the WiFi and just used my Verizon data internet. Refreshed the screen at 12:59:56. Blue join button came up at 1300 - join - boarding group 107

not sure the difference other than the WiFi - which maybe me just looking for a reason other than just chance.

will try again in the morning on Monday
Wait. I'm confused (quite easy for me). When I go into "Virtual Queues", I always have the blue button to "join queue" regardless of what time it is. When I hit "join", then it tells me that RotR is not currently enrolling additional guests. So when you tried at 7am, the join button wasn't there?? I'm planning to not use WiFi when attempting, but now I'm nervous 😬

venkmen

Wait. I'm confused (quite easy for me). When I go into "Virtual Queues", I always have the blue button to "join queue" regardless of what time it is. When I hit "join", then it tells me that RotR is not currently enrolling additional guests. So when you tried at 7am, the join button wasn't there?? I'm planning to not use WiFi when attempting, but now I'm nervous 😬
When opening MDE under the ROR tab their is a Join button that takes you to the ROR virtual que page

currently that page says the virtual que is not enrolling people and check back with tomorrow at 0700 or 1300. When I refreshed this page 5 seconds before 7 this morning it never gave me a Join button to press. Just went straight to all boarding groups are taken and to check back.

Did the same process at 1300 and everything worked fine.

not sure what happened this morning - just going to chalk it up to being unlucky I guess.

disneygeek90

So it seems like you can only see the current progress/BGs being called in the MDE app, if you yourself have a BG.

I suspect they changed the api url for it. Someone just needs to scrape the app and/or monitor the network traffic for the new api endpoint.
I can’t even see the progress currently with a group. It just notified me I was called.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

I can’t even see the progress currently with a group. It just notified me I was called.
That's not good. If you don't know what group they're on at a particular time of the day, how do you guestimate what you have time to accomplish before your BG is called. This would be especially an issue for those who have no familiarity with the average number of BGs called at any point during the day (i.e., ppl not lucky enough to have had a @DCBaker in their pocket for the last several months).

Thanks for all your hard work DCBaker, it really has been helpful. Hopefully someone can figure out what changed and we're able to see your posts again!

As an aside, I just check the app after reading posts by @venkmen and @NelleBelle. The app said RotR is "Temporarily Closed", but now looks like things are up and running with the "Use Virtual Queue Only" message.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom