News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

DonaldDoleWhip

First time playing the game since last March! Giving it one more try tomorrow, when I’ll be trying to land a group for two of us - fingers crossed it works out.

1613045109172.jpeg

JohnD

1pm slots filled in roughly ~9 seconds - current groups called up to 73 (35 groups more than yesterday).

Do you get tired of posting the twice a day stats on boarding groups? Serious question. It would seem tedious to me. You’ve got to be a CM.

MrHappy

Sorry to bring this up again. So I’ll direct it specifically to @disneygeek90 . Is the process to get a BP still: turn off phone, Bluetooth, WiFi. Let it be off for about 5 mins. Turn it on about 10mins before. Open App, click on JOIN, click Continue, then wait until it’s time?
And try to be near Disney Jr?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Sorry to bring this up again. So I’ll direct it specifically to @disneygeek90 . Is the process to get a BP still: turn off phone, Bluetooth, WiFi. Let it be off for about 5 mins. Turn it on about 10mins before. Open App, click on JOIN, click Continue, then wait until it’s time?
You really don't need to do any of that anymore. Remember, the first window is at 7am, before the park opens. For the 2nd window at 1pm, that location is usually still a good spot to be in as there are typically not a bunch of people around.

MrHappy

You really don't need to do any of that anymore. Remember, the first window is at 7am, before the park opens. For the 2nd window at 1pm, that location is usually still a good spot to be in as there are typically not a bunch of people around.
Thanks DC! What about all those phone tricks?

edit: btw DC, great work on all the COVID tracking stuff as well. Annnd the RotR tracking too. You must enjoy tracking ;), as much as @MisterPenguin enjoys logging :)
Thank you!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Thanks DC! What about all those phone tricks?

edit: btw DC, great work on all the COVID tracking stuff as well. Annnd the RotR tracking too. You must enjoy tracking ;), as much as @MisterPenguin enjoys logging :)
Thank you!
I haven't found the need to do any of those things anymore. If you find the MDE app is being sluggish, it couldn't hurt to do a full shut down/restart.

disneygeek90

Yeah like DCBaker said a lot of the scientific boarding group strategy is gone. My current process is set alarm for 6:58, open one eye, open app, look at clock until it’s 6:59:45, count down in head and then hit join from the front page the second clock strikes 7 on the phone, tap through the selections quickly.

MrHappy

Yeah like DCBaker said a lot of the scientific boarding group strategy is gone. My current process is set alarm for 6:58, open one eye, open app, look at clock until it’s 6:59:45, count down in head and then hit join from the front page the second clock strikes 7 on the phone, tap through the selections quickly.
Just when I thought it took a skill, now it’s a sweepstakes. Ok, lol. Thank you. Btw, how have your times been? How many times have you experienced it? Are you sick of it? And, does it still breakdown when you’re in town?

gerarar

Premium Member
Happy to report/confirm that the probe droid laser is back working 100% and the siren before AT-AT room has returned!
Looks like they recently did a lot of fine tuning/fixing in the first few sequences/scenes of the ride.
These two (physical) effects have been missing since around February 2020.

Remaining effects that needs fixing: Spinning blasters in AT-AT room, falling ceiling air-duct in Kylo encounter, and obviously the cannon room

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom