News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

BigRed98

Has anyone had recent experience with resort bus service to get to DHS by ~8:05.
I’ve been working on piecing together bus schedules, which currently seem to depart resorts a few minutes before before one hour prior to park open. However, I keep getting some weird info about DHS bus schedules. Any help would be appreciated.
On 12/31 the DHS bus arrived at Wilderness Lodge at 8 and I got to park at about 8:20. I was also able to ride Tower of Terror before official park opening at 9. Not sure if they were operating the attractions a little earlier bc of New Year’s Eve.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Has anyone had recent experience with resort bus service to get to DHS by ~8:05.
I’ve been working on piecing together bus schedules, which currently seem to depart resorts a few minutes before before one hour prior to park open. However, I keep getting some weird info about DHS bus schedules. Any help would be appreciated.
Ive noticed a Steady stream of buses to all 4 parks in the morning from OKW, buses are running before 8am here.

DISR

We were there last week and walked over from Boardwalk area around 7:30 am for a 9:00 am opening. We were not at the front of the line for entry at that point, but were not too far back. I do not believe the parking lot was open for cars yet at that point, but Skyliner was running. Not sure about buses. If you absolutely want to ensure you can be there early, I would Uber to the Swan and walk over.

As for rope drop, the park opened about 1 hour prior to scheduled opening and rides started running about 30 minutes prior to scheduled opening. We had a similar experience at EPCOT, entering through the World Showcase. Rope drop was definitely worth it if done right. Wait times were quickly at 90-180 minutes on major attractions...often by the posted opening time. Hopfully things settle down a bit on a non-holiday week. We also had a strategy early in the trip of hoping the lines for major attractions we missed at rope drop would go down in the evening. That did not happen during the holiday week. Hope you have better luck with that during the rest of Jan.

gerarar

Premium Member
So during my semester break, I decided to start working on a RoTR bot that basically watches the BG distribution throughout the day. Kinda amazing to see firsthand how fast the BG's go at each drop! o_O
1610042741953.png

Needed some side projects to work on, so I thought why not put my love for Rise at work!

RussM45

Got BG 8 this morning, while lying in my bed. Got to the park about 8:30, and got a walk on ride on the Runaway Railway. When I got off my BG had been called, but I went for a quick run on Toy Story Mania next (walk on). Still got to Rise just before 9:00, and they were still using what had been the fastpass lane, nearly walked right in to the first preshow. I got a front row seat (blue), and the ride was working well - the only thing I noticed that was wrong was that only the first cannon in the cannon room was moving.

My method for getting a BG was:

1. At about 6:50, power phone completely off, then restart.
2. Clear any open apps
3. Go to My Disney Experience app, make sure you are signed in
4. From the home page, tap "Join" in the box titled "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance - Request Access with Virtual Queue"
5. This brings you to a page called "Join Virtual Queue".
6. At about 6:59:30, start refreshing this page by sliding your finger down the page - it is working if you see it say "Checking Groups" and then the date and time.
7. Continually refresh until a blue "Join" button appears on the upper left, which should happen right at 7:00:00.
8. Tap this "Join" button immediately.
9. Then immediately start tapping the bottom section of the screen as fast as you can. When it has loaded your party automatically, the "Join" button will appear, but hopefully you will have hit it before you even see it.

This method was suggested to me by a nice young lady at Disney Guest Experience a month or so ago. It has worked for me both times I have tried it, Group 25 the first time and 8 today. I used my home wifi.

Hope this helps someone.

TeddyinMO

Got BG 8 this morning, while lying in my bed. Got to the park about 8:30, and got a walk on ride on the Runaway Railway. When I got off my BG had been called, but I went for a quick run on Toy Story Mania next (walk on). Still got to Rise just before 9:00, and they were still using what had been the fastpass lane, nearly walked right in to the first preshow. I got a front row seat (blue), and the ride was working well - the only thing I noticed that was wrong was that only the first cannon in the cannon room was moving.

My method for getting a BG was:

1. At about 6:50, power phone completely off, then restart.
2. Clear any open apps
3. Go to My Disney Experience app, make sure you are signed in
4. From the home page, tap "Join" in the box titled "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance - Request Access with Virtual Queue"
5. This brings you to a page called "Join Virtual Queue".
6. At about 6:59:30, start refreshing this page by sliding your finger down the page - it is working if you see it say "Checking Groups" and then the date and time.
7. Continually refresh until a blue "Join" button appears on the upper left, which should happen right at 7:00:00.
8. Tap this "Join" button immediately.
9. Then immediately start tapping the bottom section of the screen as fast as you can. When it has loaded your party automatically, the "Join" button will appear, but hopefully you will have hit it before you even see it.

This method was suggested to me by a nice young lady at Disney Guest Experience a month or so ago. It has worked for me both times I have tried it, Group 25 the first time and 8 today. I used my home wifi.

Hope this helps someone.
Thanks! Headed there in March and have been looking for a cheat sheet like this. I appreciate you taking the time to share!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom