News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Ldno

I like the 7 am wake up call for DHS, it’s perfect, get your boarding group, eat breakfast get ready and head to the park.

When the park opened at 9 I was there at 8 am and managed to ride tower of terror and slinky dog before 9am, then do whatever until your group gets called. Low key the parks for resort guests open up earlier because of the public transport access, us normal guys don’t get let it in to the parking lot until half and hour before but still worth it.

mickEblu

I like the 7 am wake up call for DHS, it’s perfect, get your boarding group, eat breakfast get ready and head to the park.

When the park opened at 9 I was there at 8 am and managed to ride tower of terror and slinky dog before 9am, then do whatever until your group gets called. Low key the parks for resort guests open up earlier because of the public transport access, us normal guys don’t get let it in to the parking lot until half and hour before but still worth it.

So non hotel guests are let in up to 30 min before park open for rope drop? What time are hotel guests in?

Magic Feather

So non hotel guests are let in up to 30 min before park open for rope drop? What time are hotel guests in?
The park unofficially open just shy of an hour before the posted time. From CBR, Skyliner starts running around an hour before, so I'd line up at the main Skyliner hub (even if Riviera is Closer) 1 hr and ~10-20 min before park open.

Also, when trying for your boarding group, I'd recommend going outside and on cellular (I seem to remember the CBR buildings having bad reception, but just test your internet speed 5 min before.)

mickEblu

The park unofficially open just shy of an hour before the posted time. From CBR, Skyliner starts running around an hour before, so I'd line up at the main Skyliner hub (even if Riviera is Closer) 1 hr and ~10-20 min before park open.

Also, when trying for your boarding group, I'd recommend going outside and on cellular (I seem to remember the CBR buildings having bad reception, but just test your internet speed 5 min before.)

Thank you! These tips are

Would this be the main skyliner hub?

3F16BA2A-A70B-4B43-897D-B31D7310037D.jpeg

Also, @Magic Feather it looks like to get to Epcot from CBR I have to go through three stations? Can I stay on the gondola or do I need to get off and reboard at every station?

Magic Feather

Thank you! These tips are

Would this be the main skyliner hub?

View attachment 521747

Also, @Magic Feather it looks like to get to Epcot from CBR I have to go through three stations? Can I stay on the gondola or do I need to get off and reboard at every station?
Yes, the circled station is the hub. All 3 lines dead-end in the hub, so you have to get off there. From the hub to Epcot, the only “station” that the line passes through is Riviera/CBR North, which if your room is closer to it, I advise you use for everything except rope dropping DHS. You can stay on moving through that station. The other station you see is the “turn station” where the doors never open, and you are too high off the ground to even get off.

mickEblu

Yes, the circled station is the hub. All 3 lines dead-end in the hub, so you have to get off there. From the hub to Epcot, the only “station” that the line passes through is Riviera/CBR North, which if your room is closer to it, I advise you use for everything except rope dropping DHS. You can stay on moving through that station. The other station you see is the “turn station” where the doors never open, and you are too high off the ground to even get off.

Thank you. This is very helpful.

Touchdown

So as someone who has not been since March what’s the best method currently, obviously no WiFi, good cell coverage but...

Should I open the app ahead of time, or start from scratch?

If I do open the app should I click join directly from the first page or should I have the check status page open and join from there?

it’s a shame this thread doesn’t have an informative first page post like so many others...

DCBaker

Premium Member
So as someone who has not been since March what’s the best method currently, obviously no WiFi, good cell coverage but...

Should I open the app ahead of time, or start from scratch?

If I do open the app should I click join directly from the first page or should I have the check status page open and join from there?

it’s a shame this thread doesn’t have an informative first page post like so many others...
Starting from scratch or not doesn't really seem to be an issue anymore.

I sit on the "My Queues" page and then when the clock is at 6:59:55, I'll count down 5 seconds and click "Join Virtual Queue", which brings up the next page with a blue Join button if timed it correctly. You can also sit on the front page - it doesn't really matter now.

You can also just sit on the "Join Virtual Queue" page and swipe down to refresh at 7am.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom