News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Hmm... I respect you a lot, I’m getting a weird vibe from your replies to me, hopefully I didn’t say something to annoy you.

I’m not exactly following the point you were trying to make regarding the VQ / BG situation but that’s ok. Maybe I need more coffee. :)
Not to creep into your conversation, but it sounds like Martin is saying the shorter/cut hours (2 to 4 hours less than usual) are driving some of the issues around people not being able to ride.

TrainsOfDisney

No creep away! Lol.

Ahhh ok that makes sense. I wasn’t connecting the dots.

I think the out of park VQ is probably the best solution for now, it keeps people from trying to rope drop the attraction and it keeps people from gathering at the park to get a VQ.

My personal solution to this issue post January 1, is make multiple reservations to DHS for my vacation and either cancel and schedule another park day of, if available, or plan to park hop.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hmm... I respect you a lot, I’m getting a weird vibe from your replies to me, hopefully I didn’t say something to annoy you.

I’m not exactly following the point you were trying to make regarding the VQ / BG situation but that’s ok. Maybe I need more coffee. :)
Sorry, no.

Take the operational hourly capacity of around 1740. Multiply by park hours, say 10 or 12. You’re at around 20000 riders on a day when there could be 30, 35000 in the park. Assuming no down time and no Fastpass.

seascape

Sorry, no.

Take the operational hourly capacity of around 1740. Multiply by park hours, say 10 or 12. You’re at around 20000 riders on a day when there could be 30, 35000 in the park. Assuming no down time and no Fastpass.
They need to build a second planet for star wars. That way HS would be a 2 day park with lots more to see. Eventually. HS should be drawing over 20 million a year. Building a new plant in the parking lot behind Indiana Jones and maybe a third with some type of transportation over World Drive and a new Marvel section where the parking garage and Animation Building ate. Thst would bring capacity above Magic Kingdom. There is no reason capacity and attendance for HS can't go over 25 million a year. All that is needed is desire to build what is desired by the consumer.

Purduevian

Sorry, no.

FYI this is NOT a RotR only issue, there are many people every day that are trying to get on FOP, 7D, and other high profile rides that simply won't because the line is too long when they want to go. RotR doesn't have that issue because of the boarding groups.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
FYI this is NOT a RotR only issue, there are many people every day that are trying to get on FOP, 7D, and other high profile rides that simply won't because the line is too long when they want to go. RotR doesn't have that issue because of the boarding groups.
And that's why every ride should be an E-Ticket!

Capsin4

Because the attraction can’t run reliably?

Typically anyone who wants to can ride an attraction as long as they are willing to wait in the line.
The difference is that’s a choice.

Purduevian

The difference is that’s a choice.
100%... but that is part of the issue with RoTR boarding groups. There isn't a huge tradeoff to riding RoTR. The only thing you loose out on is a little sleep (6:55am wake up) and about an hourish of park time. That is worth it for many people.

If they opened up standby and the line got to 2.5,3 or even 4 hours, many people would choose to not enter the line.

TrainsOfDisney

Before covid (not sure how parks are operating now so it may not apply) I could join the FOP line at any time from park opening till park closing. I could choose to ride if I wanted to wait in the line.

Same for all attractions except Rise.

And lest we say Rise is some miracle of the ages, the original Star Wars attraction required Disneyland to be open for multiple days straight without closing to accommodate everyone who wanted to wait in line.

Ldno

This is why I’m baffled at last minute planners who plan to see everything in one day but don’t.

rides, guests per hour, boarding groups, all these numbers will make your trip a hell of a lot better if you understand how they work to your benefit by at least knowing how they work behind the scenes. This was huge with Fastpasses since it would make sure you didn’t waste your fastpass on a ride you could wait in queue for 20 minutes than the usual 40 minutes I guess.

I could tell you that before my trip even though I was not physically present for the boarding group lotto process I was still practicing from the comfort of my own home, if you get to screen where the app tells you that “oops” is everyone at the park? You would had gotten one hands down no questions asked.

Hey what are the odds that tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of this ride!

Being there about 3 weeks ago already and looking at the track it felt like it was open for longer than that to be honest, too much wear and tear, at least we all know Disneyland won’t be that way.

TrainsOfDisney

Being there about 3 weeks ago already and looking at the track it felt like it was open for longer than that to be honest, too much wear and tear, at least we all know Disneyland won’t be that way.
For as much money as “trackless” costs... I’m not sure if I understand what the big deal is if you can still see the tracks.

Actually I feel like the “tracks” are more visible in rise than in Spider-Man / transformers.

UNCgolf

For as much money as “trackless” costs... I’m not sure if I understand what the big deal is if you can still see the tracks.

Actually I feel like the “tracks” are more visible in rise than in Spider-Man / transformers.

There are problems with trackless -- and I think don't think Disney has always used it to its full advantage (i.e. there are rides that probably would have worked just as well if not better on a track) -- but I don't think this is one of them. The point is for the vehicles to be able to move independently in different directions; it wouldn't be possible to do that with a regular tracked ride (well, I think you technically could, but it would probably be far more expensive than the trackless technology).

KevinPage

Attachments

• D0D07A85-7212-403E-8A9A-A6AF0D99D312.jpeg
    D0D07A85-7212-403E-8A9A-A6AF0D99D312.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 77

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom