News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

gerarar

Premium Member
Two days in a row where they didn’t call groups one hour after official park opening. I wonder what’s wrong, could it be the preshows again?

Nthderivative

86 is the last group of the night, called around 6:35pm (22 groups less than yesterday).
I was the on the last vehicle this night, and boy it was something else. Here's a breakdown of what was not operating:

- Lieutenant Bek wasn't operating. There was a prop shield blocking the view of this area.
- Only one vehicle was loaded
- Laser blast damage projections for the stormtrooper's in the third scene were missing
- The left lift wasn't operational, we took the right route
- Finn under the AT-AT was in B mode/stationary
- Kylo's projection in his pursuit, when he activates his lightsaber, wasn't there. It was just a ghostly floating Lightsaber.
- Cannons 2 and 3 weren't moving
- The final Kylo animatronic wasn't operating, nor were the Air blasts when the Tie Fighter hits the side of the ship.

I've ridden it once before with only 1 lift operating, and in both of these times, there were loads of stationary escape transports throughout the ride. Does anyone know if they have to store these transports throughout the ship while only 1 lift is operating?

Dapale

I've ridden it once before with only 1 lift operating, and in both of these times, there were loads of stationary escape transports throughout the ride. Does anyone know if they have to store these transports throughout the ship while only 1 lift is operating?
My *guess* is that they were running it with both lifts but had to quickly adjust to one and just put all the vehicles off to the side after a downtime. In order to get them back in maintenance they would likely risk another downtime with the amount of time that it takes to get all the vehicles back there. I'm just assuming its some protocol to get the ride back up and running sooner than later

gerarar

Premium Member
I was the on the last vehicle this night, and boy it was something else. Here's a breakdown of what was not operating:

- Lieutenant Bek wasn't operating. There was a prop shield blocking the view of this area.
- Only one vehicle was loaded
- Laser blast damage projections for the stormtrooper's in the third scene were missing
- The left lift wasn't operational, we took the right route
- Finn under the AT-AT was in B mode/stationary
- Kylo's projection in his pursuit, when he activates his lightsaber, wasn't there. It was just a ghostly floating Lightsaber.
- Cannons 2 and 3 weren't moving
- The final Kylo animatronic wasn't operating, nor were the Air blasts when the Tie Fighter hits the side of the ship.

A few things:
The air blasts don’t function if Kylo is in B-mode. Direct damage to the ship is no longer done as in A-mode.
And they do usually place the transports throughout the ride in various parking spaces to quickly get the ride back up. Having the transports cycle to actual storage takes longer probably.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom