News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

gerarar

Premium Member
Hey y’all. Sorry I’ve been a bit MIA. I just completed my 30th total run on ROTR and it was the worst run I’ve ever had. Interesting, to say the least though.
No pre shows at all, we went straight into the hangar. First time I’ve ever actually witnessed that in person. As for the ride itself, the cannons were not working. The TRUE phenomenon was that final Kylo was down. Instead of getting a B mode window shot we went through the normal motions like Kylo was there but the piece of ship or whatever in front of him remained there and there was no audio or effects. Really odd. No further audio on the run until Finn finally says “you guys cutting it close” or whatever. Honestly would have complained if it wasn’t my 30th time on this thing. Still always surprising!
This happened a couple weeks ago and filmed. Basically what I could tell, the ride didn’t detect that the ride transports were present, so the scene didn’t activate/get trigger. Different systems handle the actual ride scenes versus the doors that open and close to allow the transports to move from scene to scene. If a sensor misses its cue, scene doesn’t turn on.

There’s also video evidence of it happening in MMRR; transports would transition from scene to scene, but none of the scenes got activated.

SWGalaxys_Edge

I’m taking my family for the first time tomorrow and my niece is a diehard Star Wars fan. I’ve been so excited to take them. I’ll be super bummed if this is the state of the attraction tomorrow. If anyone knows if preshow continues to be down, please let me know. I maintain that this ride AND Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway should not operate without a preshow.
Let's see if you get on it first...

Billster

When groups are called ahead of official park opening, do they have more than an hour to enter?
I wondered the same thing. We received group 5 this morning and were called approximately 5 minutes before park opening. Our notification showed that we had an hour to return. We were among the first few groups to enter the attraction queue and unfortunately we bypassed the preshows.

gerarar

Premium Member
Those plexiglass dividers on the ride are sure getting dirty...
Beware, the previous prisoners didn’t make it and all they left behind was a handprint in fear!!
C3B47495-E1DB-4487-845A-C7CBD9DC0F8B.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom